Wiki Posts
Search

Transit /overnight at AGP (Malaga)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Transit /overnight at AGP (Malaga)

I'm on an inbound AY flight in August that arrives at 0025 and am leaving on another airline (KL) at 1150 later that morning.

Is there any information around (couldn't find it with a search on here) if you can stay airside and mingle with the holiday crowds or will I need to book a hotel room?

I would presume a few people are in the same boat judging by the sales that have been around lately, hence why I wondered if anyone had come up with a plan.

Cheers

AQ
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:16 pm

I cannot possibly imagine why you'd want to do that. Malaga is not the worst airport but it's far from great. There must be cheapish hotels nearby. For that length of time, go and get some decent sleep and a shower.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For a Schengen arrival at AGP the gate area is all mixed with arriving and departing passengers - like AMS. You could stay airside if you wanted to for the 11 hours - but you may prefer to go landside to a hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I cannot possibly imagine why you'd want to do that. Malaga is not the worst airport but it's far from great. There must be cheapish hotels nearby. For that length of time, go and get some decent sleep and a shower.
Originally Posted by KARFA
For a Schengen arrival at AGP the gate area is all mixed with arriving and departing passengers - like AMS. You could stay airside if you wanted to for the 11 hours - but you may prefer to go landside to a hotel.
Thanks,

I wasn't relishing the fact but more curious whether you could check into a hotel at that time in the morning without issue.

Then again I suppose all the inbound holidaymakers will be doing that anyway!

Cheers

AQ
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
There's a very convenient Holiday Inn Express VERY close to the airport.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Thanks,

I wasn't relishing the fact but more curious whether you could check into a hotel at that time in the morning without issue.

Then again I suppose all the inbound holidaymakers will be doing that anyway!

Cheers

AQ
Yes, you can check into a hotel at 1am or similar. I had to do that a lot in the US last year due to delays and cancellations.

Just need to make sure the booking is for the night before (e.g. if your flight lands at 0025 on 1 May, your room booking will be for 30 April) and then let the hotel know that you'll be arriving really late. Most hotels have a 24h reception.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Buzzman
There's a very convenient Holiday Inn Express VERY close to the airport.
They're happy to check you in at 1AM or 2AM (as was my case). No shuttle, so you either need to pay 20€? for a 5 min uber/bolt ride, or walk 20 min (walk is ok but not super nice).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.