Search

12 Hour Layover in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
12 Hour Layover in Madrid

Hi All,

Landing around 13:30 (out of T2) and my 2nd flight (out of T1) doesn't depart until midnight. Where do you recommend I go (nearby or at the airport) that's quiet enough to allow for working until I'm within the 3 hour window for lounge access?

Was looking into nearby hotel lounges but curious if you have any other thoughts. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Taxi rides are a bit expensive from the airport to nearby hotels in my experience. Maybe some have shuttle buses, that I do not know.
There are a couple Priority Pass lounges in the MAD airport. Perhaps see what they cost for a one time entry?
Also, the 8 line metro is right there, you could take that to a stop with hotels nearby.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Plenty of day use hotel opportunities nearby, but beware that many will only allow you to book until 6 pm or so.

The TäCH hotel is a short walk from Barajas metro station (which is 1 stop from Airport T1-2-3 station) and allows you to book until 8 pm. Not massively luxurious or anything, but often available for €60 or so for 6 hours until 8pm
pbiflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.