Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portugal COVID Testing Requirements Visitor & Transit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by itdontmeanathing
You seem to be confused by more than my one line post. You're a third-country national who's reason for travel doesn't meet the requirements of 'essential travel', nor are you legally resident in a member state of the European Union.
In September, the Embassy will tell me what I can/cannot do. Until then, I will just wait.
Thanks to everyone for advice and (current) info sources.
BUT, I just saw this info (which adds to the conflicting info) ... and the quote from KK follows:
Below was a response I received from SEF immigration for Portugal on July 9, 2020.

Last edited by tmac100; Jul 20, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:55 am

Yesterday I sent 2 questions to the Portugal Embassy in Ottawa, Canada. Here are the questions, followed by their responses. Wooo Hooo, I can enter with a D7, live there, and without a test - but only at this current time.

"1. Under current situation can I, as a Canadian, fly directly from Toronto to Lisbon with a D7 visa and live there, for long term residency?YES

2. If I can fly to Lisbon, do I need to have the negative covid test result done in Toronto, or can I have it done in Lisbon - assuming I can board the TAP flight? NO, AT PRESENT TIME."

Last edited by tmac100; Jul 21, 2020 at 7:59 am
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:50 am

Just to recap. Can a regular Canadian go to Portugal for holidays?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Pilotbg
Just to recap. Can a regular Canadian go to Portugal for holidays?
For official answers go to the Portugal Embassy website in Ottawa and ask the Embassy your specific question. You will get an official answer. As I found here, on this thread you can get useless and wrong information from some "opinions" given here. Get an official source, ask them, and that will be the best answer.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 8:19 am

Im so confused. According to TAP Canadians can go travel and we no longer need to provide a test.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
Im so confused. According to TAP Canadians can go travel and we no longer need to provide a test.
The airline has no bearing on whether you'd be admitted into the country or not. They'll only uphold the policies that they're told to uphold as far as admission into the country. That's why you should check the Portuguese embassy website for the official requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.