Lisbon (LIS) connection - consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon (LIS) connection - consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
That's doable even if you get a bus gate and even if your flight is slightly delayed. The actual walk between gates at a leisurely pace takes at most 10-15 min.
lucinarei likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:19 pm

That is great to hear- thank you so much for the info!
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:16 pm

Heck, I've done non-Schengen to Schengen in 90 min on 2 separate tickets, where I managed to go home, change clothes and come back and still have time in the lounge
I wouldn't advise it though. Quite stressful.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Need help with LIS connection

I am trying to confirm that I have sufficient time to make a connection in LIS and am hoping someone who knows the local area and process can help.

I am on an international arrival in LIS arriving at 1250 on TAP from CMN.
I have an international departure - LIS to LHR departing at 1440 also on TAP.

1. I assume that because I am making an international connection in LIS I will not need to go through customs and immigration in CMN but I wanted to see if that was correct.

2. Will I have enough time for that transition (1 hour 50 minutes)? It's one ticket so I understand TAP is responsible but I'd rather avoid a problem that wreaks havoc on the rest of my itinerary. Looking at Flight Aware I see that the TAP flight between CMN and LIS is often delayed (yesterday by more than two hours) so I'm wondering if folks familiar with LIS would advise against this itinerary.

I could book a longer connection but that would have me in LIS for 5 hours (same price). I could also book separate tickets and arrive LIS on TAP and depart LIS on BA at 1545 giving me about 3 hours in LIS (more expensive option).

In case it is helpful - I'm flying on a USA passport - have no checked luggage - and am flying business class on all flights.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
It's well within MCT. You'll have to re-clear security, but not immigration or customs.
If you want to book the ininerary with the longer layover, that's up to you (TAP will rebook you on that one anyway if you miss your connection), but under no circumstances should you book this on separate tickets, because if you do and miss the second flight for whatever reason, you've no-showed and will lose your booking w/o compensation or anything.
farci likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:29 am

You are flying from a non-schengen to a non-schengen destination, so you will need to clear security, but not passport control. Assuming this is all on one ticket, 12:50 to 14:40 is really plenty of time for a NS>NS connection. You'll make the connection even if your plane is an hour late.
Arrival from CMN is likely to be a bus gate, which will place you right next to passport control. Do not go through passport control. There is a security checkpoint right before passport control - which will lead you straight to departures for your flights. Bags will be transferred automatically, assuming one reservation for both flights.

A 5 hour connection is really not needed.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Self transfer Intl to 'domestic'

Hi all,

tomorrow morning I'll be flying into LIS on a TAP international flight and self-transferring to a domestic AF flight with just over 2.5 hours in between. If it matters, I'll be inbound in J which means I'll at least be at the front of my plane for immigration. I didn't really consider whether I'd be able to make the connection until now, but realized that it might be fairly tight. Now I understand obviously that if things go wrong (i.e. first flight delayed) I'll miss my flight, but I was curious if [even] in a normal scenario will I be able to make my connection? I do have checked bags.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:22 pm

The AF flight is intra-Schengen, not domestic (semantics, and it shouldn't matter in this case).

AF check-in closes at T-40 according to this.

I would expect you to be through passport control and having bags in hand an hour after you land, so that leaves you with a 45 min buffer. Should be doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.