Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Trips - Spain - Need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Metro is certainly more than 1.50 to the airport. It's 5€ in fare plus the 4€ (I think?) for the tarjeta multi that is required to use the metro system, though you will need that to use metro regardless.
Sorry, I meant the Metro around the city is 1.50 E, I purchased a 48 hr pass while at the airport, which gave me access to all trains within the city. Although, depending upon your hotel and the amount of luggage, the Metro is NOT the most convenient to/from the airport. I was at the Hyatt Centric at the Grand Via stop and it took 3 lines, multiple stairs and connections--- much easier with the Airport Bus.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by mauld
Sorry, I meant the Metro around the city is 1.50 E, I purchased a 48 hr pass while at the airport, which gave me access to all trains within the city. Although, depending upon your hotel and the amount of luggage, the Metro is NOT the most convenient to/from the airport. I was at the Hyatt Centric at the Grand Via stop and it took 3 lines, multiple stairs and connections--- much easier with the Airport Bus.
FYI, if there's a next time, the passes also give you access to the cercanías trains from T4. You can take that train to Sol with a pretty easy change in Nuevos Ministerios and just walk from there.

Though generally the unlimited tourist passes aren't worth it and it's better to just buy 10 ride tickets (this is what I do as a resident since I don't use it enough to warrant a monthly pass)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
FYI, if there's a next time, the passes also give you access to the cercanías trains from T4. You can take that train to Sol with a pretty easy change in Nuevos Ministerios and just walk from there.

Though generally the unlimited tourist passes aren't worth it and it's better to just buy 10 ride tickets (this is what I do as a resident since I don't use it enough to warrant a monthly pass)
Yes, there is 'a next time', I just booked early Oct, but will do as I have in the past, and just take the bus to Cibeles, and then walk to my hotel (Hyatt Centric). I'll just do the metro on a one by one basis, as I'm only in Madrid for 2 days. I found the metro pretty easy to use, it was just a pain with all the changes from the airport even with only carry on.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Everything good so far on the trip, but very bad experience at the hotel. We were waiting for the tour bus in the lobby, and my son had our backpack for
the trip.

We were all around busy doing other stuff, guy comes in, asks my son to hand over the dropped keys to front desk. My son does and he swipes the
backpack and leaves. My son, realizes it but it was too late. Luckily I didn’t had any important documents and stuff in it. Hotel management did the see the video if he doing it, but insists that I should file police report if I need that to claim anything. What should I do?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I'm sorry for your experience. Unfortunately, it isn't likely that you will get your backpack back. However, a police report is probably the only thing you can really do. Even if you don't get the backpack back, you may need the police report in order to file a claim with your insurance or your credit card company (some cards cover certain things while traveling in case of loss or theft). So if you plan to try to recoup some value via either of those avenues, I would file a police report. Sorry again to hear of your misfortune.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.