Wiki Posts
Search

one month stay in San Sebastian

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
one month stay in San Sebastian

I would like to spend an entire month in San Sebastian in September.
I would appreciate any suggestions on the following topics:
1. specific area you recommend I should stay
2. any specific apartments you recommend - there are just 2 of us
3. I am not planning on renting a car. I would welcome general recommendations about transportation around San Sebastian
4. Any day trips or overnight trips from San Sebastian - using public transport.
thank you in advance.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

bumping my threat.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:20 am

I recommend two places where you can stay, they are close to the center .. I do not know what your budget is but not too expensive: the pensión kursaal and the pensión aida, you can sleep there for 30 to 150€ the night, both of them have near by a bus station. Regarding the transportation you can check out this site. I recommend you to buy the TouristCard i think it's 12 journeys for 16€ o 6 for 9€. I hoped I've help a little! Enjoy your trip, it's a wonderful city.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sylvia_s
I recommend two places where you can stay, they are close to the center .. I do not know what your budget is but not too expensive: the pensión kursaal and the pensión aida, you can sleep there for 30 to 150€ the night, both of them have near by a bus station. Regarding the transportation you can check out this site. I recommend you to buy the TouristCard i think it's 12 journeys for 16€ o 6 for 9€. I hoped I've help a little! Enjoy your trip, it's a wonderful city.
thank you for the link; will look into it.
I appreciate the Pension recommendation but I am looking at an apartment for rent for the time in San Sebastian.
I was wondering which is the best area to stay, somewhere so I do not have to rely on transportation.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Donostia

Central apartments should not be too expensive in San Sebastian. If you don't want to do AirBnB you could contact the local tourist office (sorry I don't have contact details but google is your friend) to ask how to get an apartment. Booking dot com with the right options selected is also showing apartments for lots of places now.

As you're there for a month you are not too far from Bilbao with the fabulous museum there, definitely worth a day trip. If you need to stay on public transport you can go over the border to Biarritz which is a nice town also to visit for a day, and for longer if you are going in the summer season as it has a great vibe and nice beaches including a couple of nice ones people surf in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.