Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

MAD / Madrid airport terminals 2 & 3 connected air side ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Madrid : Does terminal 2 & 3 connect AIRSIDE ?
Thank you very much
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Terminals 2 and 3 have nothing to do with Iberia.

But as I recall, Terminals 1-3 in MAD are one large building and so you can remain airside.

However, unless you are arriving from a Schengen country, you will need to go through security again.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I thought T3 was closed for now.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:56 am

First of all, apologies for my english.

There is a shuttle which connect terminals airside. For more info, please http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Ae...1237554331229/
Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I thought T3 was closed for now.
It's entirely possible that the check-in areas are no longer in use at T3, since that was always the old Iberia Puente Aereo zone.

But I'd be surprised if the actual gates were closed down, since that was always the newest and nicest bit of T1-3.

Been awhile since my last random Air Europa flight though...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
You can walk airside from T1-T2-T3, . Part of T1 as well but there is passport control in between.

Both T2 and T3 are exclusively for Schengen flights, so no security control for transfers

Generally speaking the Schengen part of T1 is for Low cost flights, T2 has Star Alliance, and T3 Skyteam
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorro
You can walk airside from T1-T2-T3, . Part of T1 as well but there is passport control in between.

Both T2 and T3 are exclusively for Schengen flights, so no security control for transfers

Generally speaking the Schengen part of T1 is for Low cost flights, T2 has Star Alliance, and T3 Skyteam
Thank you very much Zorro, I have an AF flight (so from T3) and seems that the "priority access card" lounge is only on T2
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You can go through security in either terminal. If you're coming from the Metro, that drops you off close to T2.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help.
You were all correct.
I had a long layover and the information I got on priority pass / card web site were confusing and I wanted to make sure I'll have a lounge access.
In fact I had access to 2 lounges one close to gate 69 and one that I use which was right after security at T2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.