Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One week: Malaga, Cordoba and Madrid

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It comes down to wildly differing definitions of night. In Spanish "afternoon" lasts until about 10 PM I'd say. If you ask a Spaniard about night life, it's talking about generally starting a 1-2AM. Since we all speak English, you can assume a heavy Anglo bias where that's just crazy unless really going crazy partying.

The life until 1AM is just the dinner crowd, honestly.
Humm.... I'd say afternoon certainly runs up to 8.30pm.
But I agree you could easily not be having dinner until 9.30-10pm...

I think nightlife means 9pm onwards.
To certain generations, in certain locations yes it will mean 11pm.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Just did a similar trip. Granada warrants at least 1 night so you can see the Alhambra and enjoy the town. Lots of charm and character.

If you are overnighting in Cordoba store your luggage at your hotel. 8-10:30 am the Mezquita and nearby gardens are free. The Mezquita also has quiet time during the morning visit which was a great way to tour it. We stayed at a hotel across the street which was perfect for the early morning visit. Had breakfast at the hotel and just walked across the street. Hotel room looked right across to the Mezquita.

Afternoon does go up to 8:30 or 9. Pretty light outside at that time still.

If you haven't been to Sevilla I'd add that too. Maybe before heading to Madrid.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What's the weather like in Malaga and Madrid early September? I'm worried it will be boiling hot. Any personal experience with the climate?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by duranza
If you are interested in the sights most tourist frequently see, I would add Granada and just stay 1 night in Malaga.. not much there IMO... lots more to see in Cordoba and Granada, this coming from a teacher that took students about 10x during my career: just my 2 cents

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/cordoba/

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/granada

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/malaga
In particular, in Malaga you can skip the Picasso Museum - it's definitely third-rate stuff, inherited from Picasso by a niece and nephew IIRC, and given to the State to avoid taxes. If you've see his work in NY, DC, or Paris there's no reason to spend your time there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.