Wiki Posts
Search

Booking WN on Expedia?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA G
Booking WN on Expedia?

I know that WN doesn't file fares. Are there any other retail outlets aside from Southwest.com and SWABiz.com where one can purchase WN tickets? Also, are there any carriers that issue WN tickets on foreign ticket stock (i.e. WN tickets on a UA 016 ticket)?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:38 am

AfAIK, the answer is no to your questions.

There was a retail outlet in Texas called Althea's, but it closed abruptly and is not likely to open for at least 30 months.

Althea's Southwest Discount Ticket Store
Old Jun 25, 2009, 4:03 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by unavaca
I know that WN doesn't file fares. Are there any other retail outlets aside from Southwest.com and SWABiz.com where one can purchase WN tickets? Also, are there any carriers that issue WN tickets on foreign ticket stock (i.e. WN tickets on a UA 016 ticket)?
unavaca -

Of course we file fares - we couldn't sell them if they weren't filed

I think you are talking about the fact that we do not participate in online travel sites - which is true. The only place online to buy Southwest Airlines tickets is southwest.com , SWABIZ and southwestvacations.com (as part of a package).

However, in the offline world - you can purchase Southwest Airlines tickets at almost any travel agency in the US (and some in other countries) and at 100% of our own ticket counters.

Southwest Airlines Tickets must be issued on Southwest Stock in order to be valid, and of course, in general most tickets are now e-ticket and there really is no stock (I know Southwest Vacations and Groups are the exception here).

We don't currently interline or codeshare so there is no need to accept other airline ticket stock.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA G
Thanks for the detail! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:54 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by SWAVictor
I think you are talking about the fact that we do not participate in online travel sites - which is true. The only place online to buy Southwest Airlines tickets is southwest.com , SWABIZ and southwestvacations.com (as part of a package).

However, in the offline world - you can purchase Southwest Airlines tickets at almost any travel agency in the US (and some in other countries) and at 100% of our own ticket counters.
orbitzforbusiness.com has some WN fares, but it is a private booking site for companies who contract with Orbitz as their TA. As such, I believe the more appropriate answer is "southwest.com , SWABIZ and southwestvacations.com (as part of a package)" are the only public online booking sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.