Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase confirmation e-mail delay

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Purchase confirmation e-mail delay

I've never experienced this much of a delay, and wanted to see if this is a fairly normal process.

This morning, I purchased tickets via iflyswa.com but have yet, five hours later, received any form of confirmation e-mail from Southwest. I've never experienced more than a 20-30 minute delay in this process.

Am I overreacting? I'm fearful my fare, which was low at the time, will rise and I won't know my order was successfully processed. I double-checked all information prior to submitting and believe it was all accurate.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
I bought two one-ways this morning for the same day, same destination (different passengers, different origins). I only got a confirmation email for one of them. But both show up when I go back to the website and look at my upcoming iteneraries.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mritty
I bought two one-ways this morning for the same day, same destination (different passengers, different origins). I only got a confirmation email for one of them. But both show up when I go back to the website and look at my upcoming iteneraries.
My problem is I don't remember the confirmation code, so I can't view my upcoming itineraries. :/ It asks for first/late name and booking number.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by sppunk
My problem is I don't remember the confirmation code, so I can't view my upcoming itineraries. :/ It asks for first/late name and booking number.
Were you logged in to the website when you bought them? If so, click on MySouthwest Login, then Iteneraries. Everything you purchased while logged in should show up. You don't need to know the conf number.

If you wern't logged in, I'd suggest a phone call.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mritty
Were you logged in to the website when you bought them? If so, click on MySouthwest Login, then Iteneraries. Everything you purchased while logged in should show up. You don't need to know the conf number.

If you wern't logged in, I'd suggest a phone call.
I wasn't logged in - I didn't even realize they had this until just now. Looks like I'll be on the telephone. On the plus side, from past experiences Southwest has lovely phone support agents!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Crisis averted: I must have mistyped my e-mail address. My wife got the confirmation e-mail. Hopefully the e-mail doesn't get sent to someone else. Even though they don't place the entire credit card info having that info in someone else's hands is a bit disconcerting!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:06 pm

It took about 40 minutes for me this morning. The other odd thing was that I got duplicate "award utilization" e-mails: I booked my trip as two one-ways and got four e-mails, all about the award utilization; the booking confirmation was directed to a different address. I only had one round-trip award to use, so I'm confident they didn't take two of them.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by rove312
It took about 40 minutes for me this morning. The other odd thing was that I got duplicate "award utilization" e-mails: I booked my trip as two one-ways and got four e-mails, all about the award utilization; the booking confirmation was directed to a different address. I only had one round-trip award to use, so I'm confident they didn't take two of them.
I booked two award trips today and got duplicate "award utilization" e-mails as well. The confirmation emails were sluggish, and I am still waiting for one 5 hours later. I had enough sense to print the confirmation pages so I could have an itinerary email sent as a backup in case the confirmation is a no-show.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by irabk
I booked two award trips today and got duplicate "award utilization" e-mails as well. The confirmation emails were sluggish, and I am still waiting for one 5 hours later. I had enough sense to print the confirmation pages so I could have an itinerary email sent as a backup in case the confirmation is a no-show.
As I was typing the above, the confirmation email showed up.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by sppunk
from past experiences Southwest has lovely phone support agents!
How long has CS&S been using video phones???

I booked my trip as two one-ways and got four e-mails, all about the award utilization;
I didn't analyze what was going on but I also noticed an unusually high number of award utilization Emails. (I wondered whether it was due to Gmail's conversation threading resurrecting a bunch of old Emails, or multiple sends by SWA.)

the booking confirmation was directed to a different address.
In case anyone is wondering about this: the award utilization notice always goes to the account holder's registered Email address; the booking confirmation is sent according to the instructions on the payment page. That is presumably done for security reasons, but the actual security benefit may not be very significant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.