Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dont Want Denied Boarding For No Show

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Dont Want Denied Boarding For No Show

If I print my ticket out (-24hrs) prior to flight thats all I have to do correct.

I am not checking luggage, only taking carry on.

I can just proceed to my gate and wait for the line up then show my printed ticket at the ramp entrance correct?

I dont have to check in at any counter? My -24hr ticket printing is my confimation in essence that I am there? Or should I still touch base with a counter.

Regards
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:38 pm

Just proceed to the appropriate gate, but be there at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

No need to go to the counter.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Fallguy007
If I print my ticket out (-24hrs) prior to flight thats all I have to do correct.
If by "ticket" you mean "Boarding Pass" yes. If you mean anything else, like Security Document or purchase confirmation, then no.

Print out your BP, go through security, go to the gate, line up when the gate agent calls your boarding group, hand gate agent your BP, board the plane. Done.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Any technical reason to be there 20 min in advance or just a good idea as always in case of flight changes, bumps etc.

Thanks for your responce.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:35 pm

Any technical reason to be there 20 min in advance or just a good idea as always in case of flight changes, bumps etc.

Because that's generally when they'll start lining up and start the boarding process. If you're not in line when they start boarding, you'll lose your coveted good boarding position. You'll still be able to board, but you'll lose your choice of seat.

No technical/technological reason, no.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
If you want a good seat, be there 35 minutes before departure time.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
...why? I've never seen a SW flight that starts boarding 35 minutes early.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.

If the flight is oversold, or there are not enough seats to accomodate standbys, they can start giving your seat away and deny you boarding 10 minutes before scheduled departure even if you have a boarding pass.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mritty
...why? I've never seen a SW flight that starts boarding 35 minutes early.

Yesterday, MCO-MDW Flt 697 was scheduled for 2:25 pm departure. They called for the lineup before 2 pm (I did not note the exact time).

I was surprised it was so early.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I must be missing something. Since the advent of boarding numbers, why would you need to be there even 5 minutes before boarding actually begins? You just go to your appropriate place in line and board. Getting there early doesn't move you up in line, does it?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
You are correct. Boarding usually begins 15-25 minutes before departure. You want to be there when boarding begins.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, OnePass, AA, U-MP, more
Most of my flights start boarding exactly 20 minutes before scheduled departure. But occasionally, if the equipment and crew is there, boarding will start 30 minutes before. (That usually catches me out -- if I'm even at the gate that early, it's usually with laptop and power cable unpacked and spread out.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.