Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peanuts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Question Peanuts

Is Southwest still alternating which peanuts they carry? I've been flying WN exclusively for the last 18 months, and I just realized on the PHL->AUS flight today that I keep getting the dry roasted peanuts. I miss the honey roasted ones that I got a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:44 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Latest transition reportedly has begun.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:16 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
We have a blog post today about the transition.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SWABrian
We have a blog post today about the transition.
the first blog comment from another user says it best:
I'm curious to know when the pretzel usage increase began. Perhaps about this time last year?

Three cheers for the return of bee-kissed nuggets o' protein!

I was on a recent flight and asked if any honey roasted peanuts had been added to the mix yet, and the FA replied that sadly they haven't. I said you can only please at most 50% of your customers at a time by alternating and she cheerfully said too bad for them, she prefers and can't wait for honey roasted too. Too bad WN can't keep some (current-dated) "off season" peanuts for distribution upon request by those who know the secret stash is there.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:54 pm

Just heard on the news that King Nut Company in Ohio (read: WN peanut supplier) could possibly be linked to the nation's latest salmonella outbreak via peanut butter. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes not so much....

"Could I have the pretzels please??"

Last edited by GoSpurs; Jan 13, 2009 at 5:02 pm
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:41 pm

yea i almost always opt for the pretzels, i just wish southwest would offer more alternatives, perhaps oreo cookies, granola bars, etc...
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:26 pm

I saw my first partial poly bag of Honey Roasted Peanuts on board Friday, none on Saturday and saw the first unopened poly bag of Honey Roasted Peanuts today. The peanut bags themselves are yellow. I suspect LAS is starting to crank the system with them.

Oh, and they are dee-lic-ious! :-: Ask me again in two weeks, and I am sure I will be sick of them!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by GoSpurs
Just heard on the news that King Nut Company in Ohio (read: WN peanut supplier) could possibly be linked to the nation's latest salmonella outbreak via peanut butter. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes not so much....

"Could I have the pretzels please??"
.....and Southwest has informed us that peanuts themselves are safe (as are all snack products that we serve), the problem was with peanut products that contained nut-butter. As I understand it, it was nuts that were processed into cracker fillings or put into other energy bars, not the raw nuts themselves but something in the process.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
I haven't heard of the King Nut company being involved. As for the Georgia company that has been in the news, the recall has been expanded to include dry and roasted peanuts from the plant in Georgia. Here is a quote from USA Today:

But when the recall of PCA products was expanded Thursday to include all products made at its Blakely, Ga., plant since 2007, that included dry and oil-roasted peanuts, in addition to the peanut butter and peanut paste already recalled.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-peanuts_N.htm
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Diamondback
I haven't heard of the King Nut company being involved.
This may help with the connection to the King Nut Company. Seems as though the early detection involved them regarding peanut butter: http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls...corp01_09.html
Old Feb 2, 2009, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by odom4president
yea i almost always opt for the pretzels, i just wish southwest would offer more alternatives, perhaps oreo cookies, granola bars, etc...
i dream for the return of the airplane-shaped cookies!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:56 am

Had honey roasted peanuts this weekend!

I'm glad they are starting to bring these back onto the flights.
Had my first bag Sunday on a flight departing Baltimore - destination Fort Lauderdale.
Jenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.