Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best beverage for the BS fare drink coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: wn-cp,
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
I don't see that you've ever been welcomed to FlyerTalk. Welcome, SW High!
Thanks curbcrusher. I've admired your comments and helpful hints for quite some time. I finally had something to contribute - a booze question.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:27 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by SW High
Thanks curbcrusher. I've admired your comments and helpful hints for quite some time. I finally had something to contribute - a booze question.
You have the right priorities^
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I usually have the Merlot. Two glasses is the recommended dosage. It may not be great, but at least it is better than what they serve in the CO Presidents Club. I don't really go for any of the cocktails that one can make out of the drinks in a beverage cart. Sounds like something they'd teach you in a wilderness survival course
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:57 pm

I like to go with an ice cold Miller Lite or Bud Lite. Both taste much better out of a can and it's one of the very few times I drink those two beers at all. It feels like college all over again!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: wn-cp,
Wow! Getting a reply as a newbe from the main man (SWABrian) just made my day. Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: WN CP
Wow! Getting a reply as a newbe from the main man (SWABrian) just made my day. Thanks.
Indeed, he is the main man. In all the Five Boroughs he's known, fuggedaboudit--he's known all over the world. You ask around--ask anybody about Brian from Southwest Airlines.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:40 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Well I don't know how "main" I am, but it is nice to come here and talk beer as a change of pace.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
I'm not very experienced in alcoholic drinks, so I don't even like to waste the coupon ordering something I won't like...
If you like sweet drinks, I would say vodka and cranberry which is actually cranapple which hides the taste of the vodka very nicely.

I would also recommend Baileys and hot chocolate. It is like a warm birthday cake in a cup!

Baccardi and Sprite is also a nice, light and sweet combination.

If you like it fiery, Turkey and anything will light it up. Same goes with Jack Daniels. Maybe pair it up with ginger ale?

Two more things: (1) you are more than welcome to tell the FA that you would like to mix your cocktail yourself. If you are not used to drinking, 50ml of booze and ice take up most of the cup, with very little mixer involved, so don't let the proportions scare you off.

(2) if you don't like what you got, don't drink it, and tell the FA. I would guess 99 percent of them would replace it with something you would like free of charge.

And finally, all the beverages are found on page 191 of your Spirit Magazine. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Bailey's & Coffee. No milk or sugar needed. Great for evening flights.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Try Jack Daniels and Coke. On of my all time favorites.

BTW, I absolutely love Heinekin beer but can't catch a buzz with Corona no matter how many I drink.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
My favorite beer is Corona and Sapporo. I can't stand American beer. ..
UALOneKPlus, you might want to try Bud Select on your next flight... I'm in your camp. I generally can't stand typical American lagers. So, I would drink Heineken on board, figuring it was the best of horrible options. I took a flyer and tried a Bud Select and was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong...it's no Sam Adams...and I would never buy a Bud Select on the ground... but considering the choices on WN, it's now my preference when I'm craving a beer to wash down the peanuts.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
Try Jack Daniels and Coke. On of my all time favorites.

I 2nd this Opinion.

Now if I could only remember to bring my coupons.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:04 pm

Ask to mix your drink yourself. That way, you'll get everything separately (sometimes I put in less booze).
There could be other reasons for doing this:

I have heard stories of f/a's using one mini for several drinks. They pour a floater on top which disguises the fact that you are not getting the full shot.

Another story is f/a's that bring a flask and dispense drinks that way.

Allegedly true is one f/a whose boat is named "Liquor Money."

None of this is new news, part of the airline industry since they started taking cash for drinks, etc. Whenever you have a cash business without receipts that can be audited, there is the chance of mischief.

And with as many f/a's as SWA and the other large carriers have, there will always be a certain small percentage that will....

Maybe it has been posted before, but this is a good reason for SWA to convert to the cashless cabin as other carriers have done. This would all flow directly to the bottom line. And, I would guess that the handheld device would scan the BS drink tickets.

Cheers.

I think I heard once, that when drinks were free on Southwest that the record between Dallas and Houston was nine (as in client 9) bloody mary's. Or maybe it was 6 or 12, but it was a bunch.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by stef
Same goes with Jack Daniels. Maybe pair it up with ginger ale?
That what I do. ^

Used to mix JD with coke until a friend enlightened me with the ginger ale.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by kerflumexed
Maybe it has been posted before, but this is a good reason for SWA to convert to the cashless cabin as other carriers have done.
This is in the works, though I have no idea about the timeline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.