Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best beverage for the BS fare drink coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN Platinum
best beverage for the BS fare drink coupon?

My favorite beer is Corona and Sapporo. I can't stand American beer.

I tried Miller Lite again on a recent flight, using my BS fare drink coupon, but I couldn't finish the can. It just tastes horrible.

So besides beers (don't like Heineken), what other alcholic drinks are good to order? I'm not very experienced in alcoholic drinks, so I don't even like to waste the coupon ordering something I won't like...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
My favorite beer is Corona and Sapporo. I can't stand American beer.

I tried Miller Lite again on a recent flight, using my BS fare drink coupon, but I couldn't finish the can. It just tastes horrible.

So besides beers (don't like Heineken), what other alcholic drinks are good to order? I'm not very experienced in alcoholic drinks, so I don't even like to waste the coupon ordering something I won't like...
Dude, it's Southwest. Go for Budweiser. You will gain much more respect with your seat opponents. They will envy you not only for your expertise in choosing an appropriate American lager, they will be ever so jealous that you got it for free.
Failing that, get the rotgut vodka and spike it with OJ or 7-up.

cheers,

'toad
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:12 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
i like C&C/sprite, bloody marys, vodka and coke, and a friend of mine likes vodka and dr. pepper...they also have wine
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:57 am

Programs: AA, WN RR
Vodka tonic with a lime is always a safe choice. Even if the vodka is less than premium, the lime rescues the taste of the drink. I flew Southwest a couple weeks ago, and ordered a vodka tonic with the BS coupon. Unlike most airlines in the United States, a vodka tonic on Southwest means you receive an airline bottle of vodka and a container of tonic water, along with a slice of lime in the cup. I cannot recall now what brand of vodka Southwest serves, but it may be Smirnoff, a decent brand but certainly not Grey Goose or even Skyy.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 3:07 am

Programs: sw
Dewars Scotch
Bacardi Rum
Finlandia Vodka
Bailey's Irish Cream
Jack Daniels
Canadian Club Reserve
Wild Turkey
Tanqueray Gin
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:21 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by grain
Dewars Scotch
Bacardi Rum
Finlandia Vodka
Bailey's Irish Cream
Jack Daniels
Canadian Club Reserve
Wild Turkey
Tanqueray Gin
Wild Turkey of course is the semi-unofficial adult beverage of Southwest.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:29 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Despite the company penchant for Wild Turkey, I usually hit a CC and sprite.

I do find it funny that LUV carries the 10-year reserve CC whereas, say, US Airways carries the standard 6-year old stuff. That tells me that LUV is serious about their adult beverages. I view that as a positive.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry1775
I cannot recall now what brand of vodka Southwest serves, but it may be Smirnoff, a decent brand but certainly not Grey Goose or even Skyy.
Considering vodka is nothing more than grain alcohol mixed with significant amounts of branding, I'm not sure it matters what brand they serve.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:34 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Considering vodka is nothing more than grain alcohol mixed with significant amounts of branding, I'm not sure it matters what brand they serve.
got a batch brewing now?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
That tells me that LUV is serious about their adult beverages.
Wine snobs disagree.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by SWABrian
got a batch brewing now?
Are the deck parties BYOB?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
" Unlike most airlines in the United States, a vodka tonic on Southwest means you receive an airline bottle of vodka and a container of tonic water, along with a slice of lime in the cup. I cannot recall now what brand of vodka Southwest serves, but it may be Smirnoff, a decent brand but certainly not Grey Goose or even Skyy.[/QUOTE]

Gin and Tonic................depends on FA's, my gin and tonic Sat on way to LAS was nothing but a glass already mixed. No bottle of Gin and no can of tonic......depressing and the usual treatment. I think it always depends on FA's
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:14 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
In comparison with their peers, I mean. The juice on most other domestic carriers is nothing to write home about, either.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: wn-cp,
Ask to mix your drink yourself. That way, you'll get everything separately (sometimes I put in less booze).
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by SW High
Ask to mix your drink yourself. That way, you'll get everything separately (sometimes I put in less booze).
I don't see that you've ever been welcomed to FlyerTalk. Welcome, SW High!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.