Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Open Until August 22

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Booking Open Until August 22

Just booked some flights returning on August 22 from Buffalo to Las Vegas. Do they usually sent a notice to Ding when the schedule extends? Previously it was just until August 3.

This will be our first time flying Southwest as a family (of 6). Is it my understanding that exactly 24 hours before we fly I should log in to get a "boarding number" and hope we can sit together?

Thank you for your help.

Keri
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:35 am

They usually do send out a ding when it entends, but the did not send it yesterday. It opened up yesterday at 11:20 EST.
We are also a family of 6, and yes you check in right at the 24 hour mark to get your A passes and you can sit together. If you have any really young ones you can do the pre-boarding, but they board after the A's so it is better to get your A pass.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:21 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Thanks

Thank you to "fourdarlings" because you found a glitch on southwest.com. The schedule is indeed open through August 22 and has been that way since it was loaded. Somehow, the wrong date of August 3 was posted on southwest.com. This has been corrected, and it now shows August 22.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by SWABrian
Thank you to "fourdarlings" because you found a glitch on southwest.com. The schedule is indeed open through August 22 and has been that way since it was loaded. Somehow, the wrong date of August 3 was posted on southwest.com. This has been corrected, and it now shows August 22.
So we've been able to book to August 22nd for the last three weeks?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Glad that the glitch was worked out, but I am confused too-could we have booked earlier? I was able to book 5 seats at a really great fare and had to pay $58 more for our last fare as there were no more at the web only price for the departure.

I am sure there are a limited number of those great fares-it it a maximum of 5 or does it change based on route?

Thx
Keri
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:20 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
More Info

Hey guys,
I spoke with Schedule Planning, and the earliest you could have booked between Aug 3 and Aug 22 was yesterday (1/31). Yesterday, Schedule Planning added these three weeks to the schedule--not sure why, but it does take most folks through the end of summer vacation. It took us overnight and fourdarlings proddiing to get the date changed in southwest.com.

So, the most you missed out on was 12-15 hours of booking time.

Brian
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I didn't hear about it until Feb 3 but still found RR seat availability on every flight on the schedule for the dates I needed. So no complaints here (well, it wold be nice to see the return of $34 and $39 intra-California Dings but with the price of jet fuel I don't expect it )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.