Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new destatation rumors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2007, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

new destatation rumors

I was talking to guy on plane he say his wife cusin work for southwest.
He say southwest seriosly think of adding san francisco boston and charlote
betwen august and october this year. And by year end syracuse scranton and erie? I udustend syracuse. Scranton do not make much sence to me but i think i know why southwest might go there. But why erie make no sence to me what so ever. But then again this why i do not run airline.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I believe San Fran is a done deal. They announced a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:16 pm

Erie is too close to BUF and CLE

I can't see Erie happening, too close to BUF and CLE. On the other hand, it would be a fast airport to turn planes to and from, and probably would have a good amount of pax to PHL and Florida..
Hey, if WN is doing a good job with crossing the state in a straight line (PHL-PIT) why not have a route that does a diagonal?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:40 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Scranton before Allentown would surprise me.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:46 pm

Syracuse has jetBlue. Charlotte has no gates for WN or else they would have moved in already. It would be nice for prices to go down in CLT, but I doubt that will happen just because of WN.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
SFO has already been announced. BOS makes a lot of sense because Southwest is trying to attract business customers, and the current "Boston area" airports that Southwest serves aren't anywhere near Boston. The only thing that I could see holding back Southwest from picking up huge market-share in BOS is that JetBlue already has a very strong presence in BOS.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
SFO has been announced, but does anyone know where the airport and WN have agreed on gate space? T1 and T3 seem pretty occupied, although maybe there's some counter space at T3. Of course, T2--the old international terminal--is currently not occupied at all, but there are few, if any, jetbridges still there. And the international terminal may have some space, but likely at a significant premium to the other terminals. Plus, it looks like Virgin America is finally going to get rolling. I wonder where it all gets put...

-Hayden
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by justageek
The only thing that I could see holding back Southwest from picking up huge market-share in BOS is that JetBlue already has a very strong presence in BOS.
B6 flies from BOS to just a quarter of the cities served by WN. Certainly there must be some worthwhile opportunities there despite B6.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Scranton before Allentown would surprise me.
If soutwest start allentown where can they fly to? Baltimore to close chicago and nasvile to far to have enoff flights for new station.

Originally Posted by gj83
Syracuse has jetBlue. Charlotte has no gates for WN or else they would have moved in already. It would be nice for prices to go down in CLT, but I doubt that will happen just because of WN.
Southwest is not afraid of competion. Jetblue only have 5 flights mostly to jfk.
I woold asume southwest woold start whith baltimore 60% chicago 25% maybe 1 flight to las vegas 1-3 flights to florida.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:09 am

Last edited by 4thplz; Apr 7, 2010 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: sw
i dont think any of those are likely choices besides bos. althought we are heading twards more busier airports, some of those are too small to attract a new addition. just my thought.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 5:44 pm

I don't have any inside information, but Syracuse sounds like a good WN option - assuming there is enough WN business left between Buffalo and Albany.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:10 pm

Programs: WN | UA
Linda Higgins, Southwest Airlines employee, was rumored saying that Minneapolis/St Paul is on the docket for early 2008.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
I thought I read that Virgin America will go into the (now vacant) Terminal 2 at SFO. If so, there will be lots of extra gate space (at taxpayer expense, no doubt) for any additional newcomers. Dunno what Southwest's plan is, though.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 6:02 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by joechickens
Linda Higgins, Southwest Airlines employee, was rumored saying that Minneapolis/St Paul is on the docket for early 2008.
I think that Grains's comment is appropriate here. The few employees that do know what the plans are do not talk about it. I strongly doubt that any employee that actually knows anything has said that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.