Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Time Southwest Experience

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Silver
A really fun WN experience!!!

If you want to talk about a fun WN flight, several years ago on a flight that I took (can not remember from where to where, sorry) one of the FAs was doing card/magic tricks with the passengers. He would go row by row with his card tricks.

I bet you do not see that on any of the other airlines!!!^
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:38 am

SW coach seating better than most legacies

I fly most US airlines, but generally prefer Southwest for many routes for several reasons, not least of which are the clean leather seats and the (relatively) generous seat pitch.

Last year I flew a NW A320 from Minneapolis to Sacramento and had a seat near the back. Northwest advertises a minimum 31" pitch, but I swear it was less--it reminded me of budget airlines like EasyJet and AirAsia. Four hours jammed into a middle seat seemed like an eternity--I still remember it a year later. It made the 34" pitch I get on Southwest seem absolutely spacious.

I'm not picking on Northwest, just giving one reason why I prefer flying Southwest to regular coach on most other US legacy airlines.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:42 am

One other reason --

I always check the age of the plane as I board (it's over the door). Very rarely do I get a Southwest 737 that is more than ten years old, and a surprising number are in their first two or three years of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.