Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baseball Opening Day DINGs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Baseball Opening Day DINGs

I get DINGs for MCI and STL. My DING box had a black message; momentary pause to think I'd won a prize, but it said "Happy Opening Day St. Louis!" I had a short list out of MCI, but a long one for STL, mostly not that special but there was $29 STL-BUF and $29-54 STL-MCO. Today's just opening day for the Cardinals and Mets, so for places with Opening Day games on Monday or Tuesday, you might see if you get special DINGs. No fooling.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: WN CP
MDW-MCO as low as $39.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:30 am

Programs: WN DL UA AA CO US FL BA, PC Plat
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
MDW-MCO as low as $39.
For travel in July !
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:48 pm

I booked MDW-PHL for $29 each way for a day trip in July. Will fly out Sunday morning and back on Sunday evening, total was $78. Should be fun.

These are great Ding fares today.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dan Burgess
I booked MDW-PHL for $29 each way for a day trip in July. Will fly out Sunday morning and back on Sunday evening, total was $78. Should be fun.

These are great Ding fares today.
I booked PHL-MDW for $29 each way for a weekend trip in May. Will fly out Saturday morning and back on Sunday evening, total was $78 x2. Plus a hotel. Should be fun.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:28 pm

MDW-DEN for $29, DEN-SNA for $29 sound nice. MDW-HFD/MHT/PVD for $29 sound good too. Especially since I'm targetted for triple credits until May 15th
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:58 pm

By my calculation, we should see some opening day DINGS on Friday 4/6/07 for DAL, CLE, TPA, and maybe FLL (if the Florida Marlins count). No such luck for ATL, maybe AirTran should run a special
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:15 am

PHX-BHM for $34 (!!!), PHX-SAN $29
Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA
I snagged PHL-MDW for $29 each way on monday. A far cry from the $113 each way that was available on sunday. The total for 3 tickets with tax was $236. That's less than what 1 "regular" priced R/T would cost.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by PHLJJS
I snagged PHL-MDW for $29 each way on monday. A far cry from the $113 each way that was available on sunday. The total for 3 tickets with tax was $236. That's less than what 1 "regular" priced R/T would cost.
Maybe PHL-MDW will be lower again on Cubs opening day, 4/9/07. I'll also be looking for opening day specials that day for LAX, PHX, BWI and PIT.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Originally Posted by vaikinas2
Maybe PHL-MDW will be lower again on Cubs opening day, 4/9/07. I'll also be looking for opening day specials that day for LAX, PHX, BWI and PIT.
Very possible. I couldn't believe the price was that low. Unfortunatly, all the money I saved will be going towards tickets for a cubs vs phillies game over father's day weekend. I'll have to use stubhub to get tickets because I can't get 3 seats together directly from the cubs for any game.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 7:58 am

Another batch of offers are coming in the next two minutes...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:03 am

PHX-BHM for $29, PHX-LIT for $29
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The Opening Day Dings were outstanding. Valid through July!

I booked our next MCI-MCO outbound segment ($49) on Royals opening day, Monday, and bought the return segment ($55) on Devil Rays opening day, Friday. I thought I was at least a month away from seeing July Dings.

There were a bunch of other good opening day Dings - a long list of cities at very Dingworthy fares - but nothing else I could take advantage of at this time.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
The Opening Day Dings were outstanding. Valid through July!

I booked our next MCI-MCO outbound segment ($49) on Royals opening day, Monday, and bought the return segment ($55) on Devil Rays opening day, Friday. I thought I was at least a month away from seeing July Dings.

There were a bunch of other good opening day Dings - a long list of cities at very Dingworthy fares - but nothing else I could take advantage of at this time.

Unfortunately I didn't get any $49 dings, would have loved that MCI-MCO! But I was able to move my return flight from MCO-MCI from the 11:55 a.m. departure to the 4:30 one so I was very, very happy about that thanks to the baseball promotion. Only time I've seen since Feb. 8 a price below $165 for that nonstop afternoon/evening flight. I was tres happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.