Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Herb in the jumpseat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Herb in the jumpseat

Today I flew SAT-DAL and the gate agent announced that Herb would be onboard and take all complaints to him

He passed out peanuts to all the passengers.

One thing I was surprised is that he sat in the cockpit jumpseat for the flight.

I didn't know this was still allowed.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Pilots, dispatchers, FAA inspectors, any government employee whose job has to do with aviation safety and "anyone with permission of the VP of Operations" can sit in the jumpseat. So I assume that Herb would be able to get permission seeing as he is the Chairman of the company. I took that from the FAR that pertains to jumpseats. Sorry, but I can't produce a link or source, but you can probably google it or check on faa.gov.

Last edited by PHLJJS; Nov 26, 2006 at 7:04 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Sorry, I was thinking of something entirely different - figured you were flying into Oakland...
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks...I guess the comment about VP/OPS would give Herb permission to sit up front!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Yeah, getting company exec's into the jumpseat is not a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.