Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby on new RR award?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Standby on new RR award?

I tried searching and consulted the FAQ...

Has anyone tried to standby on one of the "new" (capacity controlled) RR awards yet? I called SWA and the CSR said that she believed that the new awards did in fact not allow for standby, even though she (and I) could not find anything in the fare rules or CoC stating such. TIA.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
did it without issue

I have been able to stand-by on the new awards without any issue. When the gate agent first looked at my reservation she said I was on a saver fare and would have to pay up. I told her I was on a RR ticket, she checked again, apparently was able to confirm this, and added me to the waitlist.

The only issue I encountered was that I had to trade my "A" boarding pass for a "C"!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.