Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Flight Denied

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Free Flight Denied

A friend had fwd'ed a SW Promotion about a free flight give-away back in February stating, "Buy a roundtrip from Long Island Islip by these dates, and get a free flight". So at the time, I was stationed on a ship in the NYC area (just moved about 5 months from TX) and went ahead and purchased a round-trip from Long Islip to Chicago within the listed dates. I called SW after a week after my trip to find out when I would get the free flight credited to me and they told me "a few more weeks....it takes a while to process" So after 2 months, I still had nothing. I called the RR phone number and and questioned where my free flight had gone to. They responded with, "Since this was a friend's email that was fwd'ed to you, then you are not entitled to the free flight, I'm sorry." And even with me stating, that the email says at the bottom, "Tell your friends about this!" the lady would still not work with me. I'm currently sailing right now, so i can't make any phone calls for another month, but when I get back i'm going to try again and see if this is a load of crap they are feeding me and i was just talking to the wrong lady at the time.....or this is actually a lost war for me.

Mike
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:43 am

Programs: WN CP
Looking back at the thread about the promo, there were actually two "fly one RT, get one RR award" promos. One was for existing members, but it was targeted. The other was for new RR members, and was open to all. Were you already a RR member at the time, or did you do a new signup through the special link for that promo?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk, W Junkie!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Call again and if denied, ask to talk to a supe. I'm assuming you're talking about the open promo, not the targeted one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.