Search

Getting between terminals in SAN?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Getting between terminals in SAN?

Hi guys,

I'm going to be connecting onto a SouthWest flight next week in SAN. My initial flight arrives in Terminal 2. Does anyone know if you can get from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 behind security? If you can't, how long does it typically take?

thanks...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by SJPaul
Hi guys,

I'm going to be connecting onto a SouthWest flight next week in SAN. My initial flight arrives in Terminal 2. Does anyone know if you can get from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 behind security? If you can't, how long does it typically take?

thanks...
No, you have to reclear security as the terminals are not connected. It's a fair hike from the far end of Terminal 2 to the Southwest gates. Southwest gates are always busy, and note that gates 1 and 2 are seperated from the rest and have their own security checkpoint at the far east end of the terminal. The main security line for WN is generally busy, but I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get through.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by EIPremier
It's a fair hike from the far end of Terminal 2 to the Southwest gates.
From the far end of Terminal 2 to the opposite end of Terminal 1 is maybe a 10 min. walk tops, just to give scale. You can probably do it in less.

There is a free shuttle that connects the commuter terminal, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 in a one-way loop-- by the time you go the long way around the loop, journey time will be about 15 min.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 8:47 am
Community Director Emerita

Also posted here:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611033

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.