Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT! How to cancel an award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

URGENT! How to cancel an award ticket?

I reserved R/T award ticket for the coming weekend. But I might want to change the plan last minute. So do you know how to cancel the award ticket? Online or call some number. Can I cancel it after I print the boarding pass? Thanks a lot!!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:56 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
You certainly can cancel it online. I did a couple of times.

You certain can do it over the phone.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:44 pm

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
You can also cancel the reservation after printing the boarding pass but you first have to "delete" the boarding pass in the travel center (or have an agent do it if you are phoning the rez line).

If you no show on an award ticket, it may take several days for the award to be returned to your account, so you can't book another flight using that award for a few days. If you cancel before flight time, the award goes back into your account virtually immediately and can be reused immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.