Wiki Posts
Search

Any news on IAD service promotions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:20 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Any news on IAD service promotions?

Anyone hear anything on the possibility of introductory fares, bonus segements or anything else to promote the new IAD service?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: WN CP
Introductory fares:

Customers can take advantage of 14-day advance fares as low as $79 one-way to Chicago Midway, Orlando, or Tampa Bay. Additionally, Customers can head to Las Vegas for as little as $99 one-way with Southwest Airlines' 14-day advance purchase fares.
More:

$99 one-way fares are available between Denver and Washington Dulles
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:31 pm

Dulles really?

Originally Posted by curbcrusher

I haven't read anything about SW coming to Dulles. Is that true? Does anyone know when it starts?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by discountgal
I haven't read anything about SW coming to Dulles. Is that true? Does anyone know when it starts?
Starts Oct. 5. See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544341
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578654
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:50 pm

Thank You!

Thanks so much! I just booked two tickets for my parents. I love the IAD thing ^ ^ ^
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:08 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I received a targeted mailer today offering double credits on bookings to/from IAD through January 31, 2007.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I received a targeted mailer today offering double credits on bookings to/from IAD through January 31, 2007.
Jump on the $25 DING!s to/from MDW!!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by discountgal
Thanks so much! I just booked two tickets for my parents. I love the IAD thing ^ ^ ^
If your parents are new Rapid Rewards members, they can get 8 free credits each for the new members IAD promo - so fly 2, get one free

https://www.southwest.com/rrenroll/dulles/
Old Oct 3, 2006, 6:48 am

Blah. That kills me... I only have four credits, so I wish I could scrap my current RR account and start over with this new promo.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:00 am

A rational letter to Customer Service about the promo and your existing account might yield positive results. Just a suggestion...
Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I feel you. I signed up for RR literally the night before I read this thread. My first WN flight is in about 10 days.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:09 am

Yeah, I think I will try a letter. Might not help, but can't hurt!! You should too, vatraveler.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:05 am

is 8 free/double a targeted or address sensitive promo?

Hi,

I live in Washington state, not Washington, DC, but I used the link to join and got the 8 credits instantly, I used my real address in Washington state. Is this kosher? I didn't find the link to promo on WN website, only through the link in this thread and am wondering if I will lose the credits or if all should be well. I have one trip planned to IAD so would just have to earn 4 credits otherwise... seems like a good reason to give WN a spin... any thoughts and info appreciated.

thanks
Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:08 am

I just re-read the details on the signup page, and nowhere does it state that you must live in the Northern Virginia/DC area to qualify. You're all set. ^
Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:17 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
I just re-read the details on the signup page, and nowhere does it state that you must live in the Northern Virginia/DC area to qualify. You're all set. ^
I don't think so. The link takes you to the regular RR signup page, with no special code in the URL. Therefore I suspect that the bonus is keyed to zip code or city name, and that only a few people at RR know what the parameters are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.