Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick way to earn 1 Credit?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Quick way to earn 1 Credit?

I will be 1 credit short of a rapid reward ticket. Any suggestions for a quick and easy credit.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:22 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Transfer some AMEX Membership Rewards points to Southwest if you have any. I think it's like 2000 points equals 1 credit. You can also check the Rapid Rewards promotions on southwest.com, maybe you'll find a good, cheap rental car or hotel promotion.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:23 am

this question comes up so often, we really ought to have a sticky dedicated to it.

in general, these are the easiest ways to get credits:
1. flying (roundtrip, normally 1 credit per flight)
2. renting a car (typically 0.5 credits, but there are frequent promos for double, triple, or even quadruple)
3. hotel stays (hilton, e.g., offers 0.5 credits per stay)
4. point transfers (hhonors, amex rewards, etc.)
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:17 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by crabbing
this question comes up so often, we really ought to have a sticky dedicated to it.
We might even want to put it in the FAQ stickied to the top of this forum.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
3. hotel stays (hilton, e.g., offers 0.5 credits per stay)
A potentially easy 1 credit that has received little fanfare here on the LUV board is the current double mile promo from Priority Club (Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crown Plaza, HI Express etc) which equates to 1 credit per stay, for full terms see http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...romo/q4_1.html
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by nsx
We might even want to put it in the FAQ stickied to the top of this forum.
i know, but it's buried so deeply under a heading that's not intuitive. plus, a sticky allows us to post current promotions in one convenient location.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
It's about $10 per credit with a new application for the Southwest Visa card.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
It all depends on how quick OP needs the credit. Getting a credit card is probably best value in terms of $ spend per credit, but takes a while.

Absolute quickest way I can think of, and still farily cost effective, is renting cheapest possible car for one day from Hertz using promotion code PC#947785 (with CDP 205418).

This code gives you double credit (1 instead of 0.5) with only a one-day rental, on any class of car.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta
Agreed it might be a good idea to have a "Limited-Time Hotel and Other Non-Rental Car Bonus Credit Promotions" sticky thread, similar to the sticky rental car thread.

I got an email from WN about the triple La Quinta promotion, but just found out about the double Holiday Inn promotion in this thread. Would be nice to have a single place to look for hotel/other promotion details, web links, stay requirements, end dates, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by yanxfann
A potentially easy 1 credit that has received little fanfare here on the LUV board is the current double mile promo from Priority Club (Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crown Plaza, HI Express etc) which equates to 1 credit per stay, for full terms see http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...romo/q4_1.html
BTW, the Holiday Inn bonus is only double starting with your second stay (excl. Staybridge Suites I think) so a better way to get a quick 1 credit might be the current 1.5 credit per stay La Quinta promo going on right now, or as others mentioned, the Hertz double credit on any car class (no minimum keep) promo code............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.