Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ding Feature - Filter Cities... Kinda.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:41 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I thought the filters merely reduced the number of fares displayed. That's different from Ding fares that are targeted to your home city. The latter has only been done twice. Filters do not increase the number of Ding fare options.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:58 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Yes filters only filter out what is shown in your browser. You still have access to 'all' fares. They apparently experimented earlier this week with only giving you fares for your home city, but since then they are now giving all fares to all Ding subscribers, but allowing you to set a display filter to only see the city you are interested in.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Yes filters only filter out what is shown in your browser. You still have access to 'all' fares. They apparently experimented earlier this week with only giving you fares for your home city, but since then they are now giving all fares to all Ding subscribers, but allowing you to set a display filter to only see the city you are interested in.
OK I get it (finally!) . . . When I saw my home-city fare sales I thought that was the "filtering" that was being talked about.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 4:28 pm

Programs: WN RR, AA, HH, Marriott, Starwood, PC, Hertz, Alamo, Budget
Originally Posted by nsx
I thought the filters merely reduced the number of fares displayed. That's different from Ding fares that are targeted to your home city. The latter has only been done twice. Filters do not increase the number of Ding fare options.
OK, I assumed the opposite, thinking that the "filters" not only blocked out fares to/from other cities, but increased the number of DING! fares from my home airport.

I check my DING! fares pretty regularly - not each and every day - but I've never seen so many DING! fares for one city like the previous posters had for Baltimore, Houston, Oakland, and Pittsburgh.

Was that a fluke I missed, or are those mega-multi-fares accessible some other way?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:52 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Aimless
Was that a fluke I missed?
In a word, yes. That was the second time EVER that Ding was tuned to your home city. I have updated the FAQ on this.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by pitflyer
This morning's Ding! fares only gave me the option of LBB-to-ELP, ELP-to-LBB, LBB-to-SAN, and SAN-to-LBB.

I changed my 'home airport' listing to DAL, and after awhile got a new Ding! listing: DAL-to-HOU and HOU-to-DAL only.

I prefer the more complete lists of fares they usually send.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:40 pm

All my Ding! fares are into or out of LAX only. Is there a filter I need to turn off? I have 4 airports in may area and Ding! info on only one does me no good. A previos post says it is a fluke, I hope so.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
There's no excuse for not giving you all area airports, but at least for now, you'll have to update your home airport to BUR ("update registration" on the DING program) and wait for the new info to be delivered. And then do it again for ONT. And then do it again for SNA. And then remember to do it one final time to reset it to LAX for next time.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. July
There's no excuse for not giving you all area airports, but at least for now, you'll have to update your home airport to BUR ("update registration" on the DING program) and wait for the new info to be delivered. And then do it again for ONT. And then do it again for SNA. And then remember to do it one final time to reset it to LAX for next time.
Thanks for the info Mr. July, my Ding! fares were unfiltered today so thats good. If it happens again I'll know what to do now. ^
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta
They seem to be giving access to all cities again, but the pull-down Filter doesn't seem to be working properly.

When I select DTW, it pares the list down to:
ALB-MDW
DTW-MCI
DTW-RNO
HOU-JAX
and the reverse trips for those 4 routes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.