Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Overweight Passenger Sues Southwest Over Seating Policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overweight Passenger Sues Southwest Over Seating Policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2004, 2:47 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
because on the other airline, you will get stuck next to a COS and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do. If the flight if full on some other airline and you have already been assigned a seat, you cannot asked to be reassigned to a different seat.
Use small claims court.
I mean, before doing that, ask for compensation after not taking the flight.
I mean, before doing that, ask to see the airline's Complaint Resolution Officer before takeoff.
I mean, before doing that, ask anyway for a different seat assignment back out at the gate podium.

"There's nothing we can do" said the flight attendant.
Wrong, s/he could ask for volunteers or deplane a standby.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm

What's the big deal about having an airplane seat in the gate area for people to try out? Let's say a COS did not purchase a second seat. Wouldn't it be just as embarassing to get onto the plane and try to squeeze into the seat there?

Last edited by AllanJ; Oct 24, 2004 at 2:58 pm
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Dan Burgess
How about an airline seat, with the arms down, behind a curtain at the ticket counter area landside and at the customer service area airside? If the passenger can't get in the seat, they pay for a second. This would avoid any on-aircraft confrontations.
I don't think that would work either because I have seen some large people squeeze into seats that they really don't fit into, but they will say they fit. The people I feel for are the passengers that have to sit next to these large individuals. Do large people understand that their size makes alot of people uncomfortable and that is not cool either! I do not feel for Ms. Thompson. She has obviouisly made bad choices in her life as to what she puts in her mouth. I did that too, but with the help of Weight Watchers I make better choices and I do fit in a seat without infringing on my fellow flyers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.