Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN Suspending Service from SYR/BLI/CZM/IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:50 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Flying out of IAH when they have a fully functional productive hub at a far superior-ally located airport (Hobby) was a real head scratcher in the context of the reasons why WN has been extremely profitable thru thick and thin the last 30 years. I am sure both loyal and forced SWA flyers who live in Woodlands or Spring (35-90 mins to HOU, 10-25 mins to IAH) are disappointed.

BLI is an obvious one: Canadian economy is in toilet, the CAD is worthless while USD is at all time high, the middle class in Canada are skipping meals and visiting food banks, and Canada is the most indebted nation in the developed world. So obviously their credit cards won't authorize airfare and travel
Old Apr 26, 2024, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by djp98374

I think WN adds a few Canadian markets in the next few years with YVR being one of them.
Enough of this! Don’t even think about it! Don’t talk about it! They can not go to Canada. It’s too expensive and very high cost for Canadian airports.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by cur
Flying out of IAH when they have a fully functional productive hub at a far superior-ally located airport (Hobby) was a real head scratcher in the context of the reasons why WN has been extremely profitable thru thick and thin the last 30 years. I am sure both loyal and forced SWA flyers who live in Woodlands or Spring (35-90 mins to HOU, 10-25 mins to IAH) are disappointed.
Same reason they fly to five airports in the LA area despite having a hub at LAX, or to IAD despite having BWI/DCA, or to SJC/SFO despite having OAK. The corner of Houston I frequent most is almost equidistant to HOU and IAH and people there prefer IAH. There's lots of corporations and individual flyers in the northern suburbs who wouldn't be caught dead commuting to HOU. It's difficult to get to in rush hour and it's in the hood.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
What cities will they pull out of next? I want to make some speculative bookings!
Could see less capacity become the new normal. Rightsizing MCI-IND for one.

Unless loads chronically under 65% are sustainable.

dmbolp and m907 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by LegalTender

Very interesting, Where does such information exist?
dlaue and m907 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by LegalTender

it shows seasonal variation…people don’t vacatiomin hot/ humid in summer.

becsuse of distsnce rules, IND doesn’t get hub citues of mdw , atl, or mdw. Dal, aus, ATL, and MCI are used for substitute connections because they generally won’t fly short routes
Old Apr 30, 2024, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
My flights in/out of BLI were auto rebooked to SEA, with free changes.
Rec'd $100 voucher today for each affected flight.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Troopers
Rec'd $100 voucher today for each affected flight.
Received mine yesterday too.
N830MH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.