Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN Fix your boarding process - issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jjbiv
They can start boarding 30 minutes prior to departure and still leave early while other airlines with similarly sized aircraft start earlier and still struggle to leave on-time.
The gold standard is on-time performance.

Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
In my opinion, open seating has not saved them time for many years now. Southwest's open seating came about by chance back in the 1970's when they had 120 seat airplanes with low load factors and the need to turn them quickly.

A passenger asked a flight attendant ("stewardess" back then), "Where is 12C?" and the stewardess replied "just sit anywhere you want" on that particularly empty flight. That is when they realized there was no point in having assigned seats. The short turns were needed to squeeze in one more flight per day with their intra-Texas flights to stay in business.
The business model for WN is no assigned seating, it has worked for decades and can work today and does. You have two types of flyers, one that understands what they are doing the other are infrequent flyers who think they need to steam truck of clothes. You get them on AA, DL, UA and a like. YOu even get those who have row 34, who are looking at the row number in FC to ensure they haven't passed their row.
WN, knows that on a certain 737-700 that if you are in boarding group C the chances of you getting space for your carry-on is slim, I was surprised that on my flight PHX-BUR ( I was in the back since BUR deplanes and boards from both front and rear doors) I knew that the first couple of rows had preboards and that they would get off first, my best bet was read of the plane. I was right.
Even with preboards and how slow they are getting off, WN was able to turn the plane around in 30 minutes.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
Originally Posted by smarinello
SWA time to solve your self created boarding issues.

Today, from MCO to MDW. Flight packed. Pre-boards lined up as far as eyes could see as usual. Clearly some gaming the system. Very over weight folks now pre boarding, to many to be legitimate pre boarders. Wait, it gets better, same groups of Ow pre boarders SAVINg seats for family members. ...?! Wait, elderly pre boards, saving window seat for their family member.

time to fix a glaring problem. Many in my group online saying the same thing. We are all AList and AList P and are pissed about the same problem at every station and flight.

We have a choice and we are going to exercise it.

Typong on iPad on flight p,ease excuse typing
The "severely overweight" are likely COS which are legit preboards. They should not be saving seats at all though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.