Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to get 2024/2025 Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by NJTeacher
I've been reading about people getting their bonuses before hitting the required spend. I just received my two cards today, is it better to wait until 1/1 to be 100% sure or can I starting putting some spend on these cards (leave a 1k buffer)?
When do you plan on taking your FIRST flight using companion pass ?

If it's not until February what is the rush to make the spend before 1/1 ?

Hold the second seat and call when you get CP to make the change
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:34 am

If you have more than one small business, can you apply for both business cards, the Premier and Performance, and receive the sign up bonus for each card?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: SWA
Did all the sign up bonuses drop to 50K points?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jiminycricket
If you have more than one small business, can you apply for both business cards, the Premier and Performance, and receive the sign up bonus for each card?

Thanks!
I don’t know if you need more than one small business. I asked the same question about the business cards each counting as long as it is not the same card type. I think that it true but no one has confirmed.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:44 pm

Looks like we are on track. Two cards (pers and bus), first statements closed 2 days ago. Paid the balances (card fees) and now we are off to the races. With many end of year expenses, we should hit both SUB thresholds in just a few weeks so hopefully the Jan 10 statements will include the 2 bonuses and we'll hit 135k+ points in my wife's account and we will be good for the next 23 months.
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:33 am

I do have a question, though maybe it goes to a different thread. I still have a number of miles in my account and would transfer them to my spouse since she will be the primary traveler next year and I will be the companion. But, the charges for transferring are more than I want to pay.. Has anyone booked a trip for the person who is in the process of acquiring the companion pass... and then that traveler can go in and add a companion to the trip booked with someone else's points once they achieve companion pass status? It could be a handy way to pre-book trips early in the year before the new primary traveler has the points in their account.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by xooz
I do have a question, though maybe it goes to a different thread. I still have a number of miles in my account and would transfer them to my spouse since she will be the primary traveler next year and I will be the companion. But, the charges for transferring are more than I want to pay.. Has anyone booked a trip for the person who is in the process of acquiring the companion pass... and then that traveler can go in and add a companion to the trip booked with someone else's points once they achieve companion pass status? It could be a handy way to pre-book trips early in the year before the new primary traveler has the points in their account.
Happens all the time. Anyone can buy a ticket for anyone else, using $s or points. Because of this, no real need to transfer points.

And once a ticket exists, and then that ticketholder eventually earns CP, a companion can be added regardless of how the original ticket was purchased.
NoStressHere, xooz and flyer4512 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Happens all the time. Anyone can buy a ticket for anyone else, using $s or points. Because of this, no real need to transfer points.....
Only time someone might transfer is to move "orphaned" points.

By the way, the higher end SWA does free transfers, not that we have used that option. We do use the 4 free upgrades and free wifi.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Happens all the time. Anyone can buy a ticket for anyone else, using $s or points. Because of this, no real need to transfer points.

And once a ticket exists, and then that ticketholder eventually earns CP, a companion can be added regardless of how the original ticket was purchased.
Thanks... I assumed it would work but good to get some confirmation.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:53 am

i have both cards, havent met SUB on either one yet. One of the cards, the closing date is Jan 1, 2024. If I make the final purchase on "jan 1, 2024" to meet the minimum spend, that will count toward the 2024-25 companion pass, correct? I just dont want to mess it up, if i have to wait another month, it would be better than losing a whole year... Just confirming with the experts here.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mymyles
i have both cards, havent met SUB on either one yet. One of the cards, the closing date is Jan 1, 2024. If I make the final purchase on "jan 1, 2024" to meet the minimum spend, that will count toward the 2024-25 companion pass, correct? I just dont want to mess it up, if i have to wait another month, it would be better than losing a whole year... Just confirming with the experts here.
if you make final purchase on 1/1 it will likely not post in time for 1/1 cycle close so you'll wait a month.. but you can spend away now - statement date of 1/1 or rather subsequent date of transfer to WN is what counts
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mymyles
Anything you buy in Dec should hit on the Jan 1 statement. But - I can not tell you the statement will be the 1st, vs the 31st or 2nd. (above my pay grade - LOL)

BUT anything on a Jan 1 statement will count in 2024. does not matter when you actually bought it, just when it posts. Have your statements for each month been on exactly the first?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:01 pm

Data point: As I posted in the "Chase RR points delayed" thread, and looked back to see when my actual points posted, in all cases it was the 19th (back dated during the recent delays) but one month they posted on the 18th...hmmm. I wouldn't screw around with a 1st statement close date.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:16 pm

yes, dec 1 was last stmt ending. it says statement ends Jan 1 for this one. just dont want to mess up the timing, ya know?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Anything you buy in Dec should hit on the Jan 1 statement. But - I can not tell you the statement will be the 1st, vs the 31st or 2nd. (above my pay grade - LOL)

BUT anything on a Jan 1 statement will count in 2024. does not matter when you actually bought it, just when it posts. Have your statements for each month been on exactly the first?
yes, dec 1 was last stmt ending. it says statement ends Jan 1 for this one. just dont want to mess up the timing, ya know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.