Time to get 2024/2025 Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:10 pm

deleted

Last edited by rrgg; Nov 30, 2023 at 3:19 pm
Old Dec 4, 2023, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by jordona09
I screwed up.

I'm aiming to get the SW companion pass for 2024 and 2025 and signed up for the business and personal card with the goal to hit the SUBs in Jan' 24.

Unfortunately, my wife and I messed up and accidentally already head the SUB for the business card in '23. Is there any way to get the SUB reversed? My initial thought was to get a refund to bring the quired spend below the amount, but I'm not sure if that will work since the points were already pushed to my RR account. Another thought was to pay off the card and just cancel it, but not sure if that would really do anything. Has anyone run into this and been successful in getting around it?
think that ya could sign up for another biz cc then complete its min spend together with the personal CC's in 2024 to get the CP good til 2025
Old Dec 5, 2023, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
To clarify only one sign up bonus every 24 months for any personal card. But you can get a different biz card product and a second SUB bonus even if you already have one biz card as long as it is not the same type, correct?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: SWA
So I just verified with Southwest that my last SWA business card points bonus (~80K) posted to my account on 12/3/21. I should now be good to apply for a new business card, correct?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by hansolo2019
So I just verified with Southwest that my last SWA business card points bonus (~80K) posted to my account on 12/3/21. I should now be good to apply for a new business card, correct?
yes.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: SWA
Okay - just applied. No instant approval and the line says it’ll be 7-10 business days while they review the decision…
Old Dec 10, 2023, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by hansolo2019
Okay - just applied. No instant approval and the line says it’ll be 7-10 business days while they review the decision…
is a 7-day msg bad? P2 applied on the 4th & online msg is still a 2-week time... called in last Fri, but was told it's still pending
Old Dec 10, 2023, 2:26 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by danhouston
is a 7-day msg bad?
I get those almost every time, and 90% of them are approved in a few days.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SF1K
To clarify only one sign up bonus every 24 months for any personal card. But you can get a different biz card product and a second SUB bonus even if you already have one biz card as long as it is not the same type, correct?
Can anyone confirm the above?
Bearbear likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:35 pm

I've been reading about people getting their bonuses before hitting the required spend. I just received my two cards today, is it better to wait until 1/1 to be 100% sure or can I starting putting some spend on these cards (leave a 1k buffer)?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
I've been reading about people getting their bonuses before hitting the required spend. I just received my two cards today, is it better to wait until 1/1 to be 100% sure or can I starting putting some spend on these cards (leave a 1k buffer)?
I see this mentioned often, but never from anyone that actually had it happen. Always what somebody "heard". Or somebody that just plain old screwed up.

Chase points transfer to SWA once a month only, and only after the statement closes each month.

Lots of folks overspend by mistake and get their bonus early, but that is caused by lots of other reasons. These are always before the Dec statement. Some also thing due date is the date to look at. NOPE.

Never seen anyone that spent AFTER the Dec statement closes run into trouble.

If you do not need CP until late Feb or later... no hurry to do the spend.
flyer4512 and NJTeacher like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 3:05 pm

Still see a lot of questions/confusion on this so I'll provide my data points. Applied and approved for both personal card (75k bonus) and business card (80k bonus in October. Immediately, requested my payment date be changed to the first of the month. This automatically made my statement date on the 4th. I spent most of my thresholds ahead of December 4 but monitored it closely to make sure I didn't hit it. Within 3 days of December 4 I crossed the spend threshold on both. In the Rewards Activity in my Chase Account, as part of the transaction that crossed the threshold, it shows "+ New Cardmember bonus 75,000 (or 80,000) points (pending)". So now, I'm good to go. Around January 5, all of the bonus points will post to my SWA account and I will have earned the companion pass through 2025.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AmishGuy91
Still see a lot of questions/confusion on this so I'll provide my data points. Applied and approved for both personal card (75k bonus) and business card (80k bonus in October. Immediately, requested my payment date be changed to the first of the month. This automatically made my statement date on the 4th. I spent most of my thresholds ahead of December 4 but monitored it closely to make sure I didn't hit it. Within 3 days of December 4 I crossed the spend threshold on both. In the Rewards Activity in my Chase Account, as part of the transaction that crossed the threshold, it shows "+ New Cardmember bonus 75,000 (or 80,000) points (pending)". So now, I'm good to go. Around January 5, all of the bonus points will post to my SWA account and I will have earned the companion pass through 2025.
I think this is what you meant, but please clarify the bolded statement above, I assume you mean AFTER Dec 4th.

Congrats. I did not change due/statement dates and my statements are 8th and 12th which will get us to CP in Mid January for 23.5 months.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I think this is what you meant, but please clarify the bolded statement above, I assume you mean AFTER Dec 4th.
Fair question, yes within 3 days after December 4 I finished off the remaining spend.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:21 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I did change my bill due date to 26th which made my second statement the 1st. I spent the last few bucks towards the sign up bonus on Dec 3rd and my Chase statement showed the pending bonus points posting on Jan 1.

I didn't bother changing the dates on my other card so that doesn't close till Dec 14. A few days after will finish it's SUB and then I should have companion pass sometime around Jan 17 or so, I think. Since the two cards I got are 140k total on their own I won't need the 10k bonus CP points that will post on 1/31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.