Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to get 2024/2025 Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2023, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by jjglaze77
Quick follow-up on this... P2 applied for Personal WN card 12/2/21. It was the 50k + 50k bonus. The first 50K posted 2/20/22, the second 4/20/22. Does that mean she would not be eligible to receive a new SUB until after 4/20/24?

Thanks!
In 2021, I did exactly what you describe and got my Companion pass until Dec 2023. We have just gotten one personal and one business card for my wife so that we can get the companion pass through her in 2024/25. I am about to cancel my SW card so that in Dec 2025 I can apply again.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by xooz
In 2021, I did exactly what you describe and got my Companion pass until Dec 2023. We have just gotten one personal and one business card for my wife so that we can get the companion pass through her in 2024/25. I am about to cancel my SW card so that in Dec 2025 I can apply again.
I don't think you need to cancel for quite some time. I canceled about 6 months before I started over again and have just gotten biz and personal.

We like to make use of those 4 free upgrades on each card, so we keep them.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
that seems to be the rule. 24 months since receiving bonus.
Gotcha - just wasn't sure since it was a multi-tier bonus.

Sounds like our timing is similar, but it seems like it's based on when you received the last bonus. If you received your bonus in Mar/April 2022, sounds like you wouldn't be eligible for another bonus until Mar/April 2024. Does Chase still approve applications even if not SUB eligible?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:38 pm

,,,. If you received your bonus in Mar/April 2022, sounds like you wouldn't be eligible for another bonus until Mar/April 2024. Does Chase still approve applications even if not SUB eligible?
Not sure exactly. Assuming I cancel in Nov 2023 and re-up for a card or 2 in Dec 2025, it will have been 2 years since I was approved for a card with a bonus. I assume I would be good for approval, but whether I cannot get the actual bonus applied to my account for 24 months...not sure how that works. Seems unlikely that I could be approved for a card but the bonus withheld based on the speed with which I got the last bonus applied to my account.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Not sure exactly. Assuming I cancel in Nov 2023 and re-up for a card or 2 in Dec 2025, it will have been 2 years since I was approved for a card with a bonus. I assume I would be good for approval, but whether I cannot get the actual bonus applied to my account for 24 months...not sure how that works. Seems unlikely that I could be approved for a card but the bonus withheld based on the speed with which I got the last bonus applied to my account.
You can wait and cancel in 2025. Cancel date has nothing to do with the 24 month bonus thing. Separate issues.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:32 am

Quick follow-up on this... P2 applied for Personal WN card 12/2/21. It was the 50k + 50k bonus. The first 50K posted 2/20/22, the second 4/20/22. Does that mean she would not be eligible to receive a new SUB until after 4/20/24?

Thanks!
I could be mistaken but I believe only the first 50k was actually the Sign Up Bonus and the. 2nd 50k was classified as something else (spend bonus?) not related to signing up. Which would mean you could reapply 2 years after the first 50k. But I will defer to the experts on here.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:09 am

You can wait and cancel in 2025. Cancel date has nothing to do with the 24 month bonus thing. Separate issues.
Yeah, just cancelling to eliminate the fee. We'll have 2 new SW cards in the family so no great need for a third.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
I could be mistaken but I believe only the first 50k was actually the Sign Up Bonus and the. 2nd 50k was classified as something else (spend bonus?) not related to signing up. Which would mean you could reapply 2 years after the first 50k. But I will defer to the experts on here.
I should be able to offer a datapoint here, but the year I used a signup offer like that ended up being plaguetimes, and I ended up well over 24 months before I tried again. In their shoes, I would try to use Chase's secure messaging to confirm that in writing - just in case.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, just cancelling to eliminate the fee. We'll have 2 new SW cards in the family so no great need for a third.
Thanks.

We actually keep 4 cards active - mainly for the a1-a15 upgrades - that gives us 16 of them. And of course the annual miles and free wifi. And one of the cards also gives $75 back on SW purchases.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:56 pm

Thanks.

We actually keep 4 cards active - mainly for the a1-a15 upgrades - that gives us 16 of them. And of course the annual miles and free wifi. And one of the cards also gives $75 back on SW purchases.
I am quite the idiot... I never used an upgrade in the 2 years I held the card. I do check in 24 hrs prior so always got a decent but not great boarding position. And if my card got free wifi... I never knew. Guess I will pay more attention to my wife's new cards....
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am quite the idiot... I never used an upgrade in the 2 years I held the card. I do check in 24 hrs prior so always got a decent but not great boarding position. And if my card got free wifi... I never knew. Guess I will pay more attention to my wife's new cards....
There are 3 personal and 2 biz cards. Only the top one of each get the upgrades. And I think only the BIZ gets the $75 and wifi.
xooz and Air Houston like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
I'm wondering if anyone has gotten clarification on this yet?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:15 pm

I screwed up.

I'm aiming to get the SW companion pass for 2024 and 2025 and signed up for the business and personal card with the goal to hit the SUBs in Jan' 24.

Unfortunately, my wife and I messed up and accidentally already head the SUB for the business card in '23. Is there any way to get the SUB reversed? My initial thought was to get a refund to bring the quired spend below the amount, but I'm not sure if that will work since the points were already pushed to my RR account. Another thought was to pay off the card and just cancel it, but not sure if that would really do anything. Has anyone run into this and been successful in getting around it?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No. you are hosed. We see this every year. Sorry
NoStressHere and smmrfld like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Bearbear
I'm wondering if anyone has gotten clarification on this yet?
I will correct myself here and apologize for any confusion and inadvertent misinformation. The 2nd points transaction was listed as "new cardholder bonus."

Originally Posted by synergistic
I should be able to offer a datapoint here, but the year I used a signup offer like that ended up being plaguetimes, and I ended up well over 24 months before I tried again. In their shoes, I would try to use Chase's secure messaging to confirm that in writing - just in case.
I agree a secure message would settle it best, but since my account is closed and the Chase app makes you select an active account when composing a secure message, I cannot submit a message to the right department.
Bearbear likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.