Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Priority Card for 5K points

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2023, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade to Priority Card for 5K points

I received an offer to upgrade my Premier card to a priority visa card, and a 5K point bonus after first purchase. At first I thought this was measly considering signup bonuses are in the 50K and up range. But then I thought I read that current cardholders of any southwest credit card are not eligible for the signup bonuses on other southest credit cards. Can anyone tell me if this is true (I cant seem to find where I read it). Also curious as to what everyone thinks of this offer.
Old May 24, 2023, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Nobody has anything to say about this offer? Wow! First time I have seen Flyertalkers be speechless!
Old May 24, 2023, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I would cancel and get a NEW card with the sign up bonus.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
There are reasons someone may not want to do that.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I received the 5k upgrade offer on my Chase IHG card. I had downgraded to the no fee version late last year so I am reading this as Chase wanting to increase AF revenue without increasing the number of partner cards.
Old May 26, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Mikey
I received an offer to upgrade my Premier card to a priority visa card, and a 5K point bonus after first purchase. At first I thought this was measly considering signup bonuses are in the 50K and up range. But then I thought I read that current cardholders of any southwest credit card are not eligible for the signup bonuses on other southest credit cards. Can anyone tell me if this is true (I cant seem to find where I read it). Also curious as to what everyone thinks of this offer.
You are correct, you cannot get the sign up bonus if you already have a Southwest card right now. You would have to cancel and wait (I believe I have seen 30 days) before applying for a new card. I got this offer and took it as it was 5K free points, I didn't want another application on my credit report, and the extra $30/ year for 3k more points seemed like a good deal to me. YMMV.
Old May 29, 2023, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I would if that would work. However the terms and conditions of the offer State it's not valid for anyone who has any southwest card other than the business card, or anyone who has received a sign on bonus within the last 24 months from any card other than the business card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.