Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for A-list.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Qualifying for A-list.

I need one more one way flight to qualify for A-list next year. I had enough flights in the pipeline until the current weather fiasco that is going on. I got to 24 with my out bound flight but had to cancel the return or I wouldn't be getting back until the end of the week. I'd be happy to book a "run" but nothing is available until the 1st of the year.
Suggestions? Customer service call?
Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
NO WAY would I try to call anyone today. But, if you do not hear anything in a week or so, then maybe.

As to NO flights available - I am going to guess they will come back as their rebuild their network. I am sure there are many reasons for no flights available right now - but one is surely to stop putting more customers INTO a broken system.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
NO WAY would I try to call anyone today. But, if you do not hear anything in a week or so, then maybe. As to NO flights available - I am going to guess they will come back as their rebuild their network. I am sure there are many reasons for no flights available right now - but one is surely to stop putting more customers INTO a broken system.
Why would you even want to qualify anymore for their useless status. Are A-listers getting preferential treatment in this chaotic mess? Not at all. They got rid of the ability to speak with customer relations by phone even for A-listers. This airline is an absolute mess and according to a VP of the SW Pilots Association this morning on CNN, they are using severely outdated IT technology which needed upgraded for years but nobody in mgmt did a damn thing.

Southwest is the pits, I'm done with them.
soupcxan and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:22 am

If STL it looks like multiple flights not yet cancelled today: https://www.flystl.com/flights-and-a.../flight-status

Ah, disregard, based on post below

Last edited by dmbolp; Dec 27, 2022 at 5:57 am
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
A few flights on 12/31 (eg BNA-PIT) appear to be for sale. Everything up until the 30th was zeroed out (i.e., not for sale even if the flight is operating).
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Oh I'm definitely NOT calling them anytime soon... just looking for suggestions as to get that last segment in.
As to A-list value... when flying with my wife we don't need to PAY EB. Save quite a bit there. And since we have the CP, we save quite a bit of $$$ as we travel quite a bit to both coast to see family.
Looks like I'll email them and see if they will "comp" me that last segment.
NoStressHere, jjbiv and drooley like this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I am among those that would still try to get A-list. this will all pass over in time.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am among those that would still try to get A-list. this will all pass over in time.
But maybe not before Dec. 31.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:20 am

You should have a case, you booked flights to make the status, but Southwest refused to fly you, that's your argument
joshua362 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmbolp
You should have a case, you booked flights to make the status, but Southwest refused to fly you, that's your argument
That's pretty much what I was thinking!
I even flew a couple of "extra" flights in October so I would hit 25 after my last Christmas flight.
I will post how it goes down the road.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Marriott Platinum
OP I'm in the same position as you, except at 23 flight segments.

I'm honestly concerned that even if I can make the first leg, I'll be stranded on the return flight.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:21 am

Do this at your own risk, and prepare backup options in case you get stranded.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pkerr
That's pretty much what I was thinking!
I even flew a couple of "extra" flights in October so I would hit 25 after my last Christmas flight.
I will post how it goes down the road.
Good luck and please do keep us posted; I am generally curious.

In the past I would expect a "No way" but this situation is so unique and getting such bad press, and there really will be no way to make it up by the end of the year, that I would think if you had a receipt for a cancelled flight right now and it would have put you over the threshold, they would do the right thing and make an exception.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acwan93
OP I'm in the same position as you, except at 23 flight segments.

I'm honestly concerned that even if I can make the first leg, I'll be stranded on the return flight.
And that's what happened to me. I got to CHS for my 24th leg but if I had waited until SWA could fly me home to STL it would have been Saturday. So I booked flt with AA. Same day, one way ticket was only $230. Pretty reasonable all things considered.
I'm currently trying to cancel the SWA flt that I won't be needing and the WEB site keeps giving me an error message.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bear96
Good luck and please do keep us posted; I am generally curious.

In the past I would expect a "No way" but this situation is so unique and getting such bad press, and there really will be no way to make it up by the end of the year, that I would think if you had a receipt for a cancelled flight right now and it would have put you over the threshold, they would do the right thing and make an exception.
Let's hope so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.