FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Qualifying for A-list. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2105488-qualifying-list.html)

pkerr Dec 26, 2022 9:46 pm

Qualifying for A-list.

I need one more one way flight to qualify for A-list next year. I had enough flights in the pipeline until the current weather fiasco that is going on. I got to 24 with my out bound flight but had to cancel the return or I wouldn't be getting back until the end of the week. I'd be happy to book a "run" but nothing is available until the 1st of the year.
Suggestions? Customer service call?
Thanks

NoStressHere Dec 27, 2022 3:57 am

NO WAY would I try to call anyone today. But, if you do not hear anything in a week or so, then maybe.

As to NO flights available - I am going to guess they will come back as their rebuild their network. I am sure there are many reasons for no flights available right now - but one is surely to stop putting more customers INTO a broken system.

mikebor Dec 27, 2022 5:21 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 34867090)
NO WAY would I try to call anyone today. But, if you do not hear anything in a week or so, then maybe. As to NO flights available - I am going to guess they will come back as their rebuild their network. I am sure there are many reasons for no flights available right now - but one is surely to stop putting more customers INTO a broken system.

Why would you even want to qualify anymore for their useless status. Are A-listers getting preferential treatment in this chaotic mess? Not at all. They got rid of the ability to speak with customer relations by phone even for A-listers. This airline is an absolute mess and according to a VP of the SW Pilots Association this morning on CNN, they are using severely outdated IT technology which needed upgraded for years but nobody in mgmt did a damn thing.

Southwest is the pits, I'm done with them.

dmbolp Dec 27, 2022 5:22 am

If STL it looks like multiple flights not yet cancelled today: https://www.flystl.com/flights-and-a.../flight-status

Ah, disregard, based on post below

Joshua Dec 27, 2022 5:38 am

A few flights on 12/31 (eg BNA-PIT) appear to be for sale. Everything up until the 30th was zeroed out (i.e., not for sale even if the flight is operating).

pkerr Dec 27, 2022 6:34 am

Oh I'm definitely NOT calling them anytime soon... just looking for suggestions as to get that last segment in.
As to A-list value... when flying with my wife we don't need to PAY EB. Save quite a bit there. And since we have the CP, we save quite a bit of $$$ as we travel quite a bit to both coast to see family.
Looks like I'll email them and see if they will "comp" me that last segment.

NoStressHere Dec 27, 2022 7:03 am

I am among those that would still try to get A-list. this will all pass over in time.

Bear96 Dec 27, 2022 7:14 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 34867371)
I am among those that would still try to get A-list. this will all pass over in time.

But maybe not before Dec. 31.

dmbolp Dec 27, 2022 7:20 am

You should have a case, you booked flights to make the status, but Southwest refused to fly you, that's your argument

pkerr Dec 27, 2022 7:54 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 34867409)
You should have a case, you booked flights to make the status, but Southwest refused to fly you, that's your argument

That's pretty much what I was thinking!
I even flew a couple of "extra" flights in October so I would hit 25 after my last Christmas flight.
I will post how it goes down the road.

acwan93 Dec 27, 2022 8:17 am

OP I'm in the same position as you, except at 23 flight segments.

I'm honestly concerned that even if I can make the first leg, I'll be stranded on the return flight.

hur88 Dec 27, 2022 8:21 am

Do this at your own risk, and prepare backup options in case you get stranded.

Bear96 Dec 27, 2022 8:28 am

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 34867491)
That's pretty much what I was thinking!
I even flew a couple of "extra" flights in October so I would hit 25 after my last Christmas flight.
I will post how it goes down the road.

Good luck and please do keep us posted; I am generally curious.

In the past I would expect a "No way" but this situation is so unique and getting such bad press, and there really will be no way to make it up by the end of the year, that I would think if you had a receipt for a cancelled flight right now and it would have put you over the threshold, they would do the right thing and make an exception.

pkerr Dec 27, 2022 8:51 am

Originally Posted by acwan93 (Post 34867555)
OP I'm in the same position as you, except at 23 flight segments.

I'm honestly concerned that even if I can make the first leg, I'll be stranded on the return flight.

And that's what happened to me. I got to CHS for my 24th leg but if I had waited until SWA could fly me home to STL it would have been Saturday. So I booked flt with AA. Same day, one way ticket was only $230. Pretty reasonable all things considered.
I'm currently trying to cancel the SWA flt that I won't be needing and the WEB site keeps giving me an error message.

pkerr Dec 27, 2022 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Bear96 (Post 34867590)
Good luck and please do keep us posted; I am generally curious.

In the past I would expect a "No way" but this situation is so unique and getting such bad press, and there really will be no way to make it up by the end of the year, that I would think if you had a receipt for a cancelled flight right now and it would have put you over the threshold, they would do the right thing and make an exception.

Let's hope so!