FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Qualifying for A-list. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2105488-qualifying-list.html)

hhdl Dec 27, 2022 11:39 am

Does WN not do Original Routing Credit?

pkerr Dec 27, 2022 11:57 am

Originally Posted by hhdl (Post 34868256)
Does WN not do Original Routing Credit?

Not that I know of... but I sent an email requesting that "credit" and we'll see how they respond.

m907 Dec 27, 2022 12:53 pm

I am in the same boat - would have ended up with 25 but now will end up with either 23 or 24. If they don't extend it another year I definitely will reduce my travel with them since there's no incentive to keep it up.

pkerr Dec 27, 2022 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by m907 (Post 34868483)
I am in the same boat - would have ended up with 25 but now will end up with either 23 or 24. If they don't extend it another year I definitely will reduce my travel with them since there's no incentive to keep it up.

I will post the results of my request.

Ocn Vw 1K Dec 27, 2022 6:08 pm

Given rapidly growing negative press about WN, I would think that anyone within at least a few flights of tier status will be awarded it for next year as part of a "good will" gesture -- or offered a simple requal. option.

WN would surely not want to alienate their tier elites who are more prone to stick with it longer than the casual customer.

Dustinm1 Dec 30, 2022 6:19 am

I contacted them 3 days cause I had 2 flights canceled that would keep my a-list preferred status. This is the response I got.

We are very aware of the impact our recent operations have had on Customers attempting to qualify for Tier Status in 2023. Our intent is to count Member revenue flight activity for travel between December 20 – December 31, 2022 that was canceled between December 20 – December 31, 2022 (whether flown as scheduled or not) toward Tier and Companion Pass qualification for 2023. We will provide further communication soon if your disrupted trip would have re(qualified) you for our Tier status or Companion Pass benefit. We appreciate your continued loyalty to Southwest Airlines

This morning I checked and saw my status was extended till 1/31/2023 probably to give them time to clear up everything.

pkerr Dec 30, 2022 6:21 am

Originally Posted by m907 (Post 34868483)

I just got off the phone with SWA and they said any flight scheduled between Dec 20th and Jan 2nd WILL COUNT TOWARDS STATUS OR CP EVEN IF IT WAS NOT TAKEN!

pkerr Dec 30, 2022 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Dustinm1 (Post 34876653)
I contacted them 3 days cause I had 2 flights canceled that would keep my a-list preferred status. This is the response I got.

We are very aware of the impact our recent operations have had on Customers attempting to qualify for Tier Status in 2023. Our intent is to count Member revenue flight activity for travel between December 20 – December 31, 2022 that was canceled between December 20 – December 31, 2022 (whether flown as scheduled or not) toward Tier and Companion Pass qualification for 2023. We will provide further communication soon if your disrupted trip would have re(qualified) you for our Tier status or Companion Pass benefit. We appreciate your continued loyalty to Southwest Airlines

This morning I checked and saw my status was extended till 1/31/2023 probably to give them time to clear up everything.

My status has not changed yet but based on what I was told, I'm going to give it several more days.

pkerr Dec 30, 2022 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K (Post 34869368)
Given rapidly growing negative press about WN, I would think that anyone within at least a few flights of tier status will be awarded it for next year as part of a "good will" gesture -- or offered a simple requal. option.

WN would surely not want to alienate their tier elites who are more prone to stick with it longer than the casual customer.

So right you are on this. They are counting missed flights as if they had been taken.

joshua362 Dec 30, 2022 8:22 am

Amazing, THAT kind of decision making. recovery, communication and re-programming can be done in a heartbeat but the basics of putting planes into the air cannot...

oceanbreeez Dec 30, 2022 8:32 am

Agree it seems it is to avoid dealing with EOY expirations. Mine is now 1/31/23 but yesterday it was 12/31/23. I guess they did an across the board change.

pkerr Dec 30, 2022 8:57 am

Originally Posted by oceanbreeez (Post 34876940)
Agree it seems it is to avoid dealing with EOY expirations. Mine is now 1/31/23 but yesterday it was 12/31/23. I guess they did an across the board change.

Interesting... just checked mine and it too is showing 01/23 as expiration. I hope they really don't expect me to fly somewhere just to maintain status. I have no plans for any Jan flying.
And just got off the phone again and another agent verified that cancelled flight WILL count toward status and CP qualification. the extension of status to Jan 31 '23 is to insure that anyone traveling in Jan will still be able to use that status while they work things out.
An email will be coming in the next week or so stating as much.

emt68 Dec 30, 2022 10:42 am

I just received the below email:In an effort to ease your travel experience, we have extended your 2022 Companion Pass®, and/or A-List, or A-List Preferred status through January 31, 2023. This extension will allow you to complete your disrupted travel with your current tier status. (If you have requalified for tier status in 2023, your previously earned expiration date will supersede the January 31, 2023 extended expiration.)

Additionally, we are identifying Members whose disrupted travel would have qualified them for A-List, or A-List Preferred, and/or Companion Pass in 2023, and will provide further communication soon.

So to me it sounds like everyone has their status extended to 1/31/2023, and they are counting flights at the end of December toward 2023 status even if you didn't actually fly it. However, based on my reading, flights taken in January 2023 will not count towards status.

I had booked a flight several weeks ago for tomorrow to get the last 2 flights I need for 2023 A-List. I was hoping I could cancel and then take a flight in January 2023, but based off this email I'm not going to risk it and will do the flight tomorrow.

acwan93 Dec 30, 2022 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by emt68 (Post 34877269)
I had booked a flight several weeks ago for tomorrow to get the last 2 flights I need for 2023 A-List. I was hoping I could cancel and then take a flight in January 2023, but based off this email I'm not going to risk it and will do the flight tomorrow.

Do you know if you actually have to fly it? I have a mileage run tomorrow too but would prefer not to fly it and just be a no-show.

emt68 Dec 30, 2022 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by acwan93 (Post 34877481)
Do you know if you actually have to fly it? I have a mileage run tomorrow too but would prefer not to fly it and just be a no-show.

I don't know, but right now I'm planning to do the mileage run tomorrow just to be safe. I don't want to end up 2 flights sure and having to hope they give the credit.