Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying "Book your low fare to X!" emails

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:28 pm

Search for flights in incognito or private browsing mode (without logging in) and you won't get any email "reminders" to book your trip.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

I am receiving these even when logged out swaMark.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I am receiving these even when logged out swaMark.
There is still a cookie on your browser which Southwest is using to identify you. Incognito mode (or the equivilent in your browser) will take care of this by not sending them the cookie when you visit the site.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Why are Southwest cookies good enough to pester me about the one destination I did not book after making four reservations, but not good enough to keep me logged in for more than 10 minutes? swaMark
NoStressHere and darthbimmer like this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:53 am

There's no downside to Southwest for sending you an email to try and get you to book a trip. There is a big downside for them (and a pain for you) if someone hijacks your account because you stayed signed in on a shared computer. You can neutralize their efforts to keep your account secure by saving your username and password in your browser. Two clicks and you will be signed back in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.