Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Vacation refund complaint.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Southwest Vacation refund complaint.

I have had an issue getting a refund for a southwest vacation we had to cancel last year. Southwest keeps insisting that the flight portion of the refund be given as a credit even though the policy states that business select tickets will be refunded to original form of payment. phone calls to them have always resulted in them saying "yes you are correct, we have escalated this and expect the credit card to be credited in a few days" of course no credit yet. Emails just mention that they have the flight portion as a credit and basically tough luck. any othe avenue i can go to, should i post this in another forum? sorry just trying all avenues.

TIA

I have the screenshots of their policy but apparently i need 5 posts total to be able to post those.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk 07pilot4me. I am moving your thread to the Southwest Forum. Please follow there.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by 07pilot4me
I have had an issue getting a refund for a southwest vacation we had to cancel last year. Southwest keeps insisting that the flight portion of the refund be given as a credit even though the policy states that business select tickets will be refunded to original form of payment. phone calls to them have always resulted in them saying "yes you are correct, we have escalated this and expect the credit card to be credited in a few days" of course no credit yet. Emails just mention that they have the flight portion as a credit and basically tough luck. any othe avenue i can go to, should i post this in another forum? sorry just trying all avenues.
"Southwest Vacations" is not operated by Southwest Airlines, but rather Apple Leisure Group (ALG). They have different terms and conditions than WN. Unless you purchased Travel Protection from ALG, BS and AT fare tickets are not refundable, but rather converted into Travel Funds. It appears that you received the correct answer, so don't let your Travel Funds expire too.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
"Southwest Vacations" is not operated by Southwest Airlines, but rather Apple Leisure Group (ALG). They have different terms and conditions than WN. Unless you purchased Travel Protection from ALG, BS and AT fare tickets are not refundable, but rather converted into Travel Funds. It appears that you received the correct answer, so don't let your Travel Funds expire too.
Actually, BS and AT fares booked as part of a Southwest Vacations package remain refundable.

General/cancellation terms & conditions for vacation packages

The Business Select and Anytime fares are refundable. As long as you cancel your flight more than 60 minutes before its scheduled departure time to allow for processing, you will have the option to receive a refund to your original form of payment or Travel Funds for future use.
Unfortunately, the OP will need to pursue this through Southwest Vacations, as Southwest Airlines will just direct them back there. And Southwest Vacations is notoriously awful when it comes to customer service.

I recommend persistence, and keeping all communications in written form.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Apple Leisure Group was bought by Hyatt last year. From my personal experiences, Hyatt has exceptional customer service. So, when will things at Southwest Vacations be fixed???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.