Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why can't you fly from the east coast (or anywhere near) to Hawaii if the times work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't you fly from the east coast (or anywhere near) to Hawaii if the times work?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by cebee
Did you check Phoenix, LAX, Sacramento, Oakland, San Jose, and San Diego? Look for when their direct flight is to your preferred island. I work backwards once I find a later direct flight. I found the best price using LAS as my midpoint city (MSP-LAS, then LAS-KOA).

No clever workaround that I know of.
Yep, that was my exact method - the 'interactive map' said that HNL has nonstops from the ones you listed plus LGB and LAS itself. Right now, only OAK and SAN have flights from FLL/MIA that arrive early enough to catch the afternoon nonstop to HNL. When I sit down next week to check on things, I'll play around with some mountain time zone midpoints and see if I can find a way to cut down on the time required. Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.