Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA abandoned me!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I've been "abandoned" by public transportation in major EU cites many times on Friday and Saturday nights when their rail systems shut down relatively early, just when people need them the most...
LegalTender and Annerk like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by s0ssos
It is funny hearing Americans scold others for failures in their airline system. Because, as my friend from the EU notes, America doesn't have a "duty of care".
I remember in Japan our flight arriving late, all public transportation stopped, and the airline arranging busses to get us from Narita to Tokyo station. Plus some cash for the taxi ride home.

I guess most Americans don't understand the concept of public transportation. It is supposed to be there for you. Yet most FTers call airlines "public transportation" somehow.

But my other guess is that pre-COVID there might have been a shuttle, but now with the labor shortage and people just not showing up that person who might have driven did not (remember when rental car agency personnel would stay at the small airport until the last flight arrived?)
The carrier is responsible for getting people to and from airports. Ground services are not under their control. That would be like a strike in London affecting my ability to get home via Tube and blaming it on BA.

LH just cancelled my FRA to KBP flight for next month. They re-accommodated me on a flight five hours later, causing me a very long layover. They aren't providing me with a meal, lounge access, or anything. In fact they seemed annoyed that I expected them to rebook me (and wouldn't honor seat selection, even though I had paid a classic economy fare originally.) I had to cancel an entire leg of my trip due to BA's constant changes with their routes and flights. Austrian has rescheduled me three times in two months. European carriers are no better, and at least for me, far worse lately.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by joshua362
I've been "abandoned" by public transportation in major EU cites many times on Friday and Saturday nights when their rail systems shut down relatively early, just when people need them the most...
Or the strikes they are infamous for calling without warning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.