Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:06 pm

I just rebooked a bunch of flights for my wife to qualify for the CP promotion and saved money on every one I rebooked.

That may be because I'm based in New Orleans and flights to and from here are crazy right now.

She had a flight scheduled today which she wasn't going to take but it got cancelled anyway.

Last week she got a text that a flight she wasn't going to take was cancelled but it still showed up as on time on the flight status page
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
For this specific promotion (which is worthy for its own separate thread), I want to warn that getting a promotional CP may preclude you from getting an offer for another CP that may come during the remainder of 2021 or early 2022.

I think it is possible a longer valid CP promotion could come depending on what the situation is with bookings through the remainder of this year into next year.
Last year we got both and qualified for the similar promotion to this one and a different later longer promotion.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Well, I guess I'll be the one who might be testing whether a booking at 11:59pm CT booking qualifies. I got bogged down finding flights that were cheaper than a couple currently booked trips this fall, and now have two freshly booked one way flights on different trips.

Honestly only about a 50% chance I even go on both these trips (separate offer for A-List requal for 4 one ways in play), the way things are going. But anyway I hit the button at 11:58pm CT and the email says 11:59pm... I've lost my edge as it took way too long, sat down at the CPU at 11:47pm. I thought I could get 4 one ways re-booked in 12 minutes, but forgot how dirt cheap fares were when I booked them originally.

I don't even know if I'd use the CP in Jan/Feb, so I guess the motivation was not there.

Last edited by goldenbear; Sep 9, 2021 at 11:23 pm
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:06 am

I'm with you, goldenbear-- got my second flight booked at 11:58 pm CT.

Has anyone gotten a notification confirming that they achieved the promotion?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Last year there was a CP promotion that went from march into June. I know we qualified and I took several flights. I forget the details. I probably have the email somewhere but can't find it. I did find the email confirming we qualified, but not the terms.
The only other ones I was aware of required more than a single paid R/T.

If it was out there, I didn't get targeted for it.

My wife and I looked at various options last night and decided to take a pass on this promotion. A lot of October fares on WN are very high right now...perhaps because a lot of inventory got snagged during the 50% off sale. We did well with the 50% off bookings, and changing any of them to join this promotion wouldn't have been profitable. Our Jan/Feb travel is usually one trip to PHX and one to SoCal, but we don't mind just waiting for a fare sale. Maybe we'll get targeted for something else later...maybe we won't...
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:00 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by jman8888
I'm with you, goldenbear-- got my second flight booked at 11:58 pm CT.

Has anyone gotten a notification confirming that they achieved the promotion?

You won't have actually achieved the promotion until after you've flown.
I haven't checked, but based on previous promotions, you will likely receive an email after the travel period has ended on 11/18.

Then, if you have earned the Companion Pass, it will show up in your account on 1/6, at which time you can designate your companion and book any companion flights.
NoStressHere and MSP_Monopoly like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
The only other ones I was aware of required more than a single paid R/T.

If it was out there, I didn't get targeted for it.
The second one did require more than one R/T but it was for a longer time - something like 3-4 months.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
You won't have actually achieved the promotion until after you've flown.
I haven't checked, but based on previous promotions, you will likely receive an email after the travel period has ended on 11/18.

Then, if you have earned the Companion Pass, it will show up in your account on 1/6, at which time you can designate your companion and book any companion flights.
If I change my flights, do you think I'll still earn the pass? Or am I totally locked in on these dates/times at this point?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:02 pm

If I change my flights, do you think I'll still earn the pass? Or am I totally locked in on these dates/times at this point?
You can change your flights, but not to anytime after 11/18/21.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Silly question but can I be designated as someone’s Companion if I myself am a CP holder?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:11 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Silly question but can I be designated as someone’s Companion if I myself am a CP holder?
Yes. For example spouses who each have CPs could designate each other. Then either person could buy a ticket and let the other fly free.
MSP_Monopoly likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:17 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
As long as the confirmation number doesn't change, and the new flights are still within the allowed travel dates window, you should be fine.
khtc, alggag, ursine1 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
As long as the confirmation number doesn't change, and the new flights are still within the allowed travel dates window, you should be fine.
Came here to ask the same questions. Revenue flight I booked for the promo is now cheaper so just modify the existing reservation? Flights will remain the same dates. Fare is about $40 cheaper and would hate to potentially void my promo over $40.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:53 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Brainfart moment here; booking for me and OH on separate reservations - points for her/revenue for me for CP.

I accidentally put my own name down on the points reservation as well and of course the system auto cancels. It's chose the revenue booking (which I did make first) to auto cancel, thus I now don't have 2 revenue flights in the promotion period. I'm assuming I'm screwed here but anyone have an instance of Southwest being amenable to those circumstances and granting an exception from last years promo?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:18 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jerryfreak
wait so youre saying flights booked with points are *not* revenue flights?
That's standard in the industry, except for Delta, Delta is IMHO leading what will become an industry-wide change to counting award tickets similarly to cash tickets for elite credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.