Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:47 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Wanna bring a friend for free* every time you fly?
Here's how:
1. Register, then book one round trip or two one-way flights by 9/9/21

2. Travel by 11/18/21

3. Companion flies free* with you 1/6-2/28/2022

*Does not include taxes and fees from $5.60 one-way. Must include Rapid Rewards number during booking. Limited time. Restrictions apply.

Promotional Requirements:
Member must register for this promotion, purchase one round trip or two one-way revenue flights between September 7, 2021 and September 9, 2021 for travel that must be completed between September 7, 2021 and November 18, 2021
Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel
A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for this promotion is a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.
This includes domestic and international revenue flights booked in any fare family (Wanna Get Away®, Anytime, or Business Select®)
The Member's Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking the Member's qualifying flight
Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacations® packages, and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion
Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:49 am

( Also mentioned here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33549399-post405.html )
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
All these different promos: it's hard to keep track, and they combine in sometimes weird ways. For example, I was going to make a push to requalify CP this year to have it through 2022. With this offer I think it's better to shift my plans, snag the promotional CP instead, then push hard early next year to earn CP through 2023. I'd have a gap of March-June or so without CP but the tradeoff is then having it through all of 2023 without having to requalify in 2022.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ursine1
Yea - assuming that is the long messed up thread... I would love to see each of these stand alone promotions in their own thread.

Reason(s):
There are comments taking place about a half dozen different topics.
Folks often reply and do not indicate which one they are talking about
Hard to find information about a specific promo when mixed in.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:19 am

FYI: I posted it in the other thread since there was some confusion regarding the 2X TQP promo also being CPQP (it's not). I mentioned it here so that anyone interested could check there for any possible further discussion. I direct-linked to my post to make it easier to find among the different discussions.

A new thread is certainly appropriate; I was about to create one but sggolf beat me to it.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
For this specific promotion (which is worthy for its own separate thread), I want to warn that getting a promotional CP may preclude you from getting an offer for another CP that may come during the remainder of 2021 or early 2022.

I think it is possible a longer valid CP promotion could come depending on what the situation is with bookings through the remainder of this year into next year.

A CP is really no cost to the airline if the seat was going to be empty anyway (a middle even!), and I believe Southwest counts CP use toward is rewards redeemed transparency report.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
Would making a change to a previously booked flight qualify for this promotion if there was no difference in fare?
m907 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by rasheed
For this specific promotion (which is worthy for its own separate thread), I want to warn that getting a promotional CP may preclude you from getting an offer for another CP that may come during the remainder of 2021 or early 2022.

I think it is possible a longer valid CP promotion could come depending on what the situation is with bookings through the remainder of this year into next year.

A CP is really no cost to the airline if the seat was going to be empty anyway (a middle even!), and I believe Southwest counts CP use toward is rewards redeemed transparency report.
Thanks for the heads up. My current companion is registering for this one and my CP will lapse on 12/31/21. That will leave me open to any future promos that might pop up.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by dsokolik
Would making a change to a previously booked flight qualify for this promotion if there was no difference in fare?
If no fare difference, cancel and rebook
ursine1 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
Do flights booked with a LUV voucher and/or travel credit count as a revenue flight towards this promo?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Simon7821
Do flights booked with a LUV voucher and/or travel credit count as a revenue flight towards this promo?
Form of payment on a paid fare should make no difference re promo validity.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Normally I book with points but I guess luckily I had a revenue flight (from LUV voucher for earlier delays) during this window. The price didn't change, so I just cancelled the flight and rebooked immediately with the credit for a net zero change, but should now qualify for the promo. Though a CP in Jan/Feb is not very helpful on its own (I'm one of those who got in Jan 2020 so very limited usage for the past 1.75 years!)
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Form of payment on a paid fare should make no difference re promo validity.
Great, thank you.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I got the promotional CP through 6/30 this year. Wondering if that excludes me from this one. CP comes in handy for those Ski trips to CO.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
CP comes in handy for those Ski trips to CO.
We're going next year right, on separate flights of course
wakesetter93 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.