Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Southwest Airlines Companion Flies Free Jan 6-Feb 28, 2022 When You Regist

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:09 pm

It’s Jan 6th!

Anyone have any idea when this goes active? Is it at midnight? Or later in the day?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by morethanthis
Anyone have any idea when this goes active? Is it at midnight? Or later in the day?
It’s only January 5th
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Mine just showed up. Congrats! Add your companion!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:38 pm

I'm able to add a Companion today. Didn't get any notification at all.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:15 pm

I have just added my companion. Did not get any notification. Went to my account to reprize some tickets, and noticed, that the add companion appeared.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:09 pm

I got ahead of myself. Haha! Thanks for the reminder.

The companion pass showed up on my account, added my person, but won't let me book. My guess it won't until midnight?

Edit
***Never mind, needed the system to warm up I guess, I was able to book the flights about 10 mins after adding my person.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by morethanthis
I got ahead of myself. Haha! Thanks for the reminder.

The companion pass showed up on my account, added my person, but won't let me book. My guess it won't until midnight?

Edit
***Never mind, needed the system to warm up I guess, I was able to book the flights about 10 mins after adding my person.
I had the same problem. Error message then, 5 minutes later, I was able to book.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Is there any way to add a companion just to the first leg of a round trip? The person booked the trip as a RT instead of two separate one ways.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I had the same problem. Error message then, 5 minutes later, I was able to book.
And your flight was promptly cancelled !
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Is there any way to add a companion just to the first leg of a round trip? The person booked the trip as a RT instead of two separate one ways.
If you can't do it online, likely it can be over the phone. Or just add the companion to the entire trip and cancel the return once the first leg flown?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Add the companion to the round trip, then cancel the companion's reservation either by calling Southwest AFTER you have flown the first leg. Or cancel the companion's reservation at the gate when you arrive for your return flight. Also, don't check in the companion for the return flight.
Finally, always book Southwest reservations as one-way trips. There is no price advantage to booking a round trip and one-way trips give you maximum flexibility, especially if the fare goes down and you rebook to save money.
Bearbear likes this.

Last edited by dlaue; Jan 6, 2022 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:45 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
By phone.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by buzglyd
Mine just showed up. Congrats! Add your companion!
I received my Congratulatory greeting yesterday (1/6/22) and finally confirmed my eligibility. As I didn't get the congratulatory greeting immediately after completing my qualifying flight, I've already booked away from Southwest thinking I somehow didn't qualify.

Jiburi
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I completed qualifying flights but have never received anything. However I reached 100 flight credits in December, so no harm done.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:27 am

Chance this deal comes back anytime soon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.