Wiki Posts
Search

BS Fare Question

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 9:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

BS Fare Question

Flying down to CHS on Thursday, first time with a BS fare. Do I have to rush to check in at 24 hours or is my spot already chosen for me?
steved5480 likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
1. No
2. Yes

You'll get an automatic A1-15 boarding assignment at t-minus 36, but won't actually be able to see it until t-minus 24 (when you can check-in, which is still required).

General belief is/was A1-15 are assigned in reservation-purchase-order, although recent repeated odd occurrences make it appear that your recent travel frequency and/or A/A+ status has some bearing on the order as well. In any case, your assigned A1-15 should be waiting for you at T-24.
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
And just to clarify, you can check in at T-24 or anytime you want after that, even when you get to the airport. No hurry. Boarding number is already set.
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 4:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks all for the clarification!
Old May 25, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Thanks all for the clarification!
I recently flown BS to burn some expiring fares.

I was A1 both times. You get in first before peop,e who do the $40 purchase. I don’t know how ststus vs time plays in since I don’t have status.

when you print your boarding passes at airport you will get drink vouchers.

they told me to tell the FA that general boarding has begun and to be the designated messenger. On one flight they told me there were 2 wheelchairs PAX that were coming but were delayed.

you can sit in exit row if you like..... most thrus and EBs sat in the front.
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.