Wiki Posts
Search

Max talk, again

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards A+, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Honors, IHG Rewards
Max talk, again

Hey folks. Apologies in advance if this has been beat to death. Last I read regarding the Max 8, there were a handful of origin cities flying the Max, all with a 6xxx flight number. A bit of research today shows that possibly none of those flights are currently on the schedule. Perhaps the 6xxx flight numbers have been retired and/or folded into general flight numbers? I have a pretty cool West Coast swing scheduled in Sept that consists of a handful of one ways between some of the larger OR, AZ, and CA airports. Some of which were on the original March Max rollout. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
Old May 20, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Anywhere on the road
Hey folks. Apologies in advance if this has been beat to death. Last I read regarding the Max 8, there were a handful of origin cities flying the Max, all with a 6xxx flight number. A bit of research today shows that possibly none of those flights are currently on the schedule. Perhaps the 6xxx flight numbers have been retired and/or folded into general flight numbers? I have a pretty cool West Coast swing scheduled in Sept that consists of a handful of one ways between some of the larger OR, AZ, and CA airports. Some of which were on the original March Max rollout. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
Southwest Airlines B38M aircraft currently airborne as of 2040Z on May 20th, 2021

Unclear what insight you're looking for. "Thoughts" are it looks like simply another day at the office, aircraft with assorted callsigns all over the country.

nsx and lougord99 like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:14 pm

The MAX are back in the network and are not fenced off.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:41 pm

What was the point of fencing off the MAX aircraft? Maintenance familiarity?
Old May 21, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
So what we are trying to get at here is that there was a fix approved (electrical grounding) for the most recent grounding of some of the MAX's (including about half of WN's) and that fix has been completed?
Old May 21, 2021, 8:18 am

The electrical grounding is a different issue. Those birds are still parked pending the fix.

The MAX was briefly fenced off when it returned to service to ensure a smooth re-entry operationally for any last-minute maintenance issues that arose as well as for any possible customer reaccomodation issues.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards A+, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Honors, IHG Rewards
This IS the insight that I was looking for. Recall, my post mentioned 6xxx flight numbers. Appears they are now run-of-the-mill numbers.
Old May 21, 2021, 2:51 pm

They can also be swapped in and out of any flight for operational needs. So a flight can say 700 when you book it and you can walk up to the gate and see a MAX.
steved5480 likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fiuchris
They can also be swapped in and out of any flight for operational needs. So a flight can say 700 when you book it and you can walk up to the gate and see a MAX.
Or more often than not on WN, a MAX swapped out for a regular 738. Every single flight I've taken both pre and post grounding that was scheduled to be a MAX was swapped out for a regular 738.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.