Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

will Companion Pass Expiration be Extended past 12/31/2021?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will Companion Pass Expiration be Extended past 12/31/2021?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: LTP, PP
My 2% Synchronicity MC credits the 2% back automatically at the end of the statement month!
The 2% from Citi pays you upon request. I just cashed a $6900 check last week representing about a year's worth of spend, I reckon I cheated myself out of about 6900*1/2*.50% = seventeen dollars...
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AA BAEC FL WN US SPG Marriott Hyatt UR
Four days ago, Delta became the first U.S. airline to extend elite status through 2022. Perhaps Southwest will follow suit and extend companion pass through 2022 for those who earned it in 2020.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/aa-ua-...tus-extension/
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:06 pm

Also, a week or so ago, United extended Global members another year of status. Not me, but a family member.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Companion pass and status are two different things. CP costs them money.

Status usually costs them little to nothing. The only cost are those fliers that earned status and get bumped out of upgrades by other status passengers.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by joshua362
My 2% Synchronicity MC credits the 2% back automatically at the end of the statement month!
The 2% from Citi pays you upon request. I just cashed a $6900 check last week representing about a year's worth of spend, I reckon I cheated myself out of about 6900*1/2*.50% = seventeen dollars...
With the amount of credit card spend you have, I hope you are getting a few new cards each year and getting those big signup bonuses.
Air Houston and synergistic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.