Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beverage Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by expert7700
I expect some folks will be pleased when turbulence prevents drink service on a short routes.
There'll be zero turbulence at home (where these kinds of people belong anyway).
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ulmguy
LAS is nothing compared to flying to MSY for Mardi Gras.
no doubt, I was taking the behavior to said destinations year round not for a few specific weeks.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:23 pm

I don't see WN serving alcohol before masks come off.

"Limiting physical touch points between Customers and Employees" the operative rationale.

Competitors are flirting with it.
screeton likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:46 pm

Looks like Delta is bringing back cabin service, including alcohol, April 14. I suspect Southwest will follow.

Delta’s bringing back inflight service with new food and drink options
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:52 pm

A Chicago-based WN FA aquaintance of mine posted on Facebook today that they have been running out of the four authorized drink options and that this modified service plan doesn't seem to be off to a great start. She also generally seems to be in favor of no in-flight service until Covid passes.. Has anyone seen evidence of this in the wild?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:36 am

For what it's worth, United's FAs aren't thrilled with how their return to cabin service has been going.

United Flight Attendants Complain Serving Snacks Onboard is Causing a “Toxic Environment”
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
For what it's worth, United's FAs aren't thrilled with how their return to cabin service has been going.

United Flight Attendants Complain Serving Snacks Onboard is Causing a “Toxic Environment”
The problem is flight attendants who think they are the mask police.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:21 am

I wonder if Southwest has had any employee vaccination events?
In ATL Delta has closed off their end of the C Concourse and was using it to park planes presumably to keep them in rotation while flights are reduced. A few weeks ago they were using it to vaccinate Delta employees.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors
I flew back Southwest San Juan to Baltimore and got the 4 drink choices and snack mix (two days ago). My friend was on a Spirit flight SJU to PHL and they had the option to buy alcohol.
(Edited for spelling)

Last edited by karatelovr; Mar 28, 2021 at 3:26 pm
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjbiv
A Chicago-based WN FA aquaintance of mine posted on Facebook today that they have been running out of the four authorized drink options and that this modified service plan doesn't seem to be off to a great start. She also generally seems to be in favor of no in-flight service until Covid passes.. Has anyone seen evidence of this in the wild?

No one is happy right now. The fantastic FA's who happily serve you anything and everything aren't happy because they have limited product to provide while the horrible "only there for your safety" FA's are unhappy because now instead of sitting in their jump seat playing candy crush the entire flight they now have to get up and provide a service. Time to fire those in the latter group and hire from scratch.
krazykanuck and TEBraniff like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by m907
The problem is flight attendants who think they are the mask police.
Flight attendants are literally the mask police, per federal mandate.
alggag and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 3:54 am

Flight attendants are literally the mask police, per federal mandate.
I'll play along. Where does it say that?
Old Mar 28, 2021, 1:30 am

I'll play along. Where does it say that?
I hate to "play along" with someone who is clearly trolling, but sure... just on the off-chance that you're actually somehow ignorant to what is effectively at this point common knowledge.

Air carriers are required by federal regulation, as a condition of their continued operation, to ensure all passengers are compliant with mask use for the duration of travel. This specifically includes onboard passenger monitoring.

From the CDC order: (pdf download)

Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:19 am

I hate to "play along" with someone who is clearly trolling, but sure... just on the off-chance that you're actually somehow ignorant to what is effectively at this point common knowledge.

Air carriers are required by federal regulation, as a condition of their continued operation, to ensure all passengers are compliant with mask use for the duration of travel. This specifically includes onboard passenger monitoring.

From the CDC order: (pdf download)

The legal basis for such an "order" is extremely dubious. The CDC has no authority to enforce such an "order". See the eviction moratorium which was recently struck down in federal court as unconstitutional.

What's more disturbing than this "order" is the number of people who don't just obey but actively support attempts like this made by unelected bureaucrats at federal agencies.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:39 am

The legal basis for such an "order" is extremely dubious. The CDC has no authority to enforce such an "order". See the eviction moratorium which was recently struck down in federal court as unconstitutional.

What's more disturbing than this "order" is the number of people who don't just obey but actively support attempts like this made by unelected bureaucrats at federal agencies.
You seem sane.

(Since this is now destined to be banished anyway.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.