Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beverage Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by danielonn
Thoughts?
Thoughts?

This is way too complicated and overly optimistic and does not solve the reason they are not serving. (virus)
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:28 am

Thoughts?
Thoughts? This post indicates absolutely no understanding of how airlines operate, how they are managed, and how they are staffed. More importantly, it indicates a complete lack of understanding about human behavior, especially during alcohol-influenced and stressful situations.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Thoughts?

This is way too complicated and overly optimistic and does not solve the reason they are not serving. (virus)
I had two hot meals with beer and wine on my most recent Turkish Air flight.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I had two hot meals with beer and wine on my most recent Turkish Air flight.
Yes, some airlines, even domestic carriers are serving. SWA has taken the covid stance. Not saying I agree - but that is their reason (excuse).
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:56 pm

Thoughts?

Passengers behaving poorly is the reason they are not serving.
screeton likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjbiv
Passengers behaving poorly is the reason they are not serving.
Why are most of the other airlines. serving?
Could some of this behavior be because of them not serving?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Could some of this behavior be because of them not serving?
It could be an unintended side effect of them not serving, as some pax pre-load up in the bars, and gate agents aren't adequately screening for impaired ones. "Present your negative COVID test within 24 hours, and your negative BAC test taken in the last 5 minutes."
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by TheRoadie
It could be an unintended side effect of them not serving, as some pax pre-load up in the bars, and gate agents aren't adequately screening for impaired ones. "Present your negative COVID test within 24 hours, and your negative BAC test taken in the last 5 minutes."
I think there would be less bad behavior if they were serving. As far as I can tell the passenger incidents are overwhelmingly related to mask mandates.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I think there would be less bad behavior if they were serving. As far as I can tell the passenger incidents are overwhelmingly related to mask mandates.
Totally agree. And they are gonna be with us for a bit I am afraid.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
What does it say about some segment of the population when they desperately need to self-medicate at home before traveling to the airport, pre-medicate at the airport bar before boarding, and then gripe when they are denied the opportunity for more alcohol on board. Is flying really that scary for them? Perhaps alcohol reinforcement is necessary to endure being next to their unknown COS seat mates, or stress about not finding that premium seat by the exit row, or fear of being relegated to the C-group and thus have to hunt for a center seat and a place to stow their oversize carry-on bag. What does it say about Flyertalk participants, myself included, when the most active topics are this thread and the Peanut Gallery thread about those M-word things? I think I need a drink.
LegalTender likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:07 pm

On today’s flight
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Scrolled down, saw "Seagrams" and got all excited 'till I scrolled down more and saw "Ginger Ale"
karatelovr and Beachchaser like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by screeton
What does it say about some segment of the population when they desperately need to self-medicate at home before traveling to the airport, pre-medicate at the airport bar before boarding, and then gripe when they are denied the opportunity for more alcohol on board. Is flying really that scary for them? Perhaps alcohol reinforcement is necessary to endure being next to their unknown COS seat mates, or stress about not finding that premium seat by the exit row, or fear of being relegated to the C-group and thus have to hunt for a center seat and a place to stow their oversize carry-on bag. What does it say about Flyertalk participants, myself included, when the most active topics are this thread and the Peanut Gallery thread about those M-word things? I think I need a drink.
I don't need it at home, but when flying, we like to have a lunch/snack a drink while watching movies together. Most airlines are okay with this. SWA is not.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Scrolled down, saw "Seagrams" and got all excited 'till I scrolled down more and saw "Ginger Ale"
Its the holidays. ... we understand!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Are we serving Cocktails yet? My guess is NOPE but I hope I am wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.