Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest cancelling 1,000 daily flights starting Sunday March 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest cancelling 1,000 daily flights starting Sunday March 22

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Help if you can, please.

My WN flight from CLE-BWI was scheduled for the early AM (6). I am only in Baltimore for one day (<24hrs). They have now scheduled me for a 6 PM flight which means I am unable to do the activities that were planned for that day.
Can I just cancel and get the money refunded? Flight is in mid April and was Wanna fly fare. (Don't do much WN, like once a year literally!!)
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by radonc1
Help if you can, please.

My WN flight from CLE-BWI was scheduled for the early AM (6). I am only in Baltimore for one day (<24hrs). They have now scheduled me for a 6 PM flight which means I am unable to do the activities that were planned for that day.
Can I just cancel and get the money refunded? Flight is in mid April and was Wanna fly fare. (Don't do much WN, like once a year literally!!)
If you read through the posts here you will find that if you cancel online, the funds will be good until June of 2021.

If you call in, they will probably tell you it will be funds, but if you push the DOT rules they will refund it.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:06 am

Received my first forced rebooking overnight. MDW-RDU 5/15. Departure and arrival shifted 2 hours, still nonstop. No big deal but it was encouraging to see them working 6 weeks in the future on clearing out schedules. Helps with planning for those of us who will be back in the air.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I had an itinerary cancel for my wife and kids but now get a lovely error message when I enter the PNR:

Sorry, we found some errors...

• We're sorry, this reservation has already been cancelled.
Error detail 1: V_rmEGQCQvqDuWzVUzRMgQ : 0f35c9e0-4741-435f-aa2e-a4062c0b87c0 : 400520405

I have not yet cancelled the itinerary - anyone else run into this yet?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:35 pm

What day/route?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dmbolp
What day/route?
Was RDU-MCO on 8 May - which i have seen is cancelled, but strange i cannot access any information right?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:19 am
Original Member

Flights got cancelled without notice and no return of points used.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by sggolf
Flights got cancelled without notice and no return of points used.
I am not seeing where you have posted details on YOUR situation.

When was your flight?
Was it rebooked to another one?

i can not believe they did not refund your points.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:23 am

I have a mid May SAN-OGG flight that shows gaveled in the app but I never received notification thru email or text and I can’t access the flight to cancel and get credit/refund. Haven’t reached out to WN to see what the hold up is. So I’m just taking the wait and see approach.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:47 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I have an upcoming Memorial Day trip to the panhandle of Florida and Southwest just cancelled my return flight. They sent an email and automatically placed me on an earlier return flight. As things look right now, I'll probably cancel the whole trip, but I'm holding out a sliver of hope.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Another article- saying 40%..

"Southwest Airlines, Las Vegas’ Largest Carrier, Slashes Scheduled Flights by 40 Percent"
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I have an upcoming Memorial Day trip to the panhandle of Florida and Southwest just cancelled my return flight. They sent an email and automatically placed me on an earlier return flight. As things look right now, I'll probably cancel the whole trip, but I'm holding out a sliver of hope.
Don't forget that if you no longer want to travel, as WN cancelled your originally-booked flight, you are due a refund to your original form of payment if you want that.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I do, but it's an award. So nothing changes for me on this one.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Don't forget that if you no longer want to travel, as WN cancelled your originally-booked flight, you are due a refund to your original form of payment if you want that.
Technically, Southwest says this doesn't apply to flights cancelled due to "government mandate," but that they are offering "exceptions" in these cases. Meaning you may be offered travel funds, and will need to insist on a refund.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am not seeing where you have posted details on YOUR situation.

When was your flight?
Was it rebooked to another one?

i can not believe they did not refund your points.
Just noticed that same thing has happened to me. Cancelled my non stop flight from ISP to FLL on 5/13 and return flight on 5/17 and no points were returned !

I receive an error message when I try to access the flight so now I'm stuck waiting on hold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.