FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Reprice your trips now! Super-low fares for travel through early June (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2011842-reprice-your-trips-now-super-low-fares-travel-through-early-june.html)

flyer4512 Mar 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by OKImready (Post 32173524)
WOW...our flights to Orlando just dropped in price for this Sunday (3/15).... saved (got back) 16,000 points

Probably because Disney and Universal are closing March 14

ursine1 Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 32177170)
Probably because Disney and Universal are closing March 14

The farpe drop(s) happened before the announcements.

But I do wonder how many of these re-booked at a huge savings flights will actually be taken.

vike16 Mar 13, 2020 5:27 am

$49 one-way sale just got extended through Monday. At this rate, I'm wondering if eventually they will keep doing it through the summer, though there are a lot of people who no amount of money could encourage them to fly (or have nowhere to fly to) and others like me who will keep flying and taking the points back. But it must not have done enough for their loads or they wouldn't have extended it.

OKImready Mar 13, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by ursine1 (Post 32176897)
Hopefully you weren't going for Disney or Universal. :(

No, just going to visit friends

flyer4512 Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1 (Post 32177324)
The farpe drop(s) happened before the announcements.

But I do wonder how many of these re-booked at a huge savings flights will actually be taken.

I'm sure WN got word before it was made public

We cancelled Vegas for this weekend and already Had June booked, We added Labor Day weekend to replace March.

Based on the prices it seems WN is ( keeping prices up) hoping a lot of people who cancelled reschedule for later this year or possibly they already have booked flights.

I paid about 30K R/T and today it's over 40K right now......MSP/LAS

ursine1 Mar 13, 2020 4:55 pm

It's doubtful Disney let Southwest or any airline for that matter know ahead of their announcement that they were closing the parks.

dmbolp Mar 14, 2020 9:59 am

About to do several now; are there factors to consider when deciding on Change or Cancel/Rebook? Some are to Costa Rica, thanks

Blitzjb Mar 14, 2020 2:44 pm

Booked flights yesterday - rebooked today at half price...

mile ho Mar 14, 2020 3:45 pm

It was absolutely inevitable that Disney was going to close their parks, so I'm sure the airlines were planning for that eventuality sooner rather than later

Boraxo Mar 14, 2020 3:52 pm

As long as you can cancel (or don't mind having TTF) there is no downside to booking deals now. Things are going to get worse before they get better (I can see further travel restrictions a la China, Italy in our future) but eventually people will be moving again and airfares will start to rise again. I have several Q2 trips I am currently holding and may book more though I'm not betting that April trips will hold.

darthbimmer Mar 14, 2020 3:53 pm

One of the trips I repriced a week ago is even cheaper today. Of course, in that time I've also canceled two trips for work (company policies) and am on the verge of cancelling a leisure trip for next weekend. That one's a little painful to let go of because I captured an elusive $49 fare for it!

jasonvr Mar 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 32158150)
Just repriced a trip to/from BNA and saved ~13k pts

Just repriced again and saved another 14.5k pts.

Original price was 46.5k, new price is 19k. Just crazy

kennycrudup Mar 16, 2020 5:17 am

Not only are the WGAs still cheap AF nearly day-of ($99 SJC-GEG for this week) but I think they've either turned off or scaled back CancelBot; I'd had a couple of inadvertently-overlapping flights (due to overzealous buying) and they'd remained overnight 'till I'd gotten a chance to review and fix.

SanDiego1K Mar 16, 2020 2:27 pm

I just repriced a trip for tomorrow and saved $22 each way. I had already checked my husband in on the outbound so needed to check him in again. He jumped from A38 to A25. Crazy.

ehallison Mar 16, 2020 2:31 pm

A few days ago we booked LAX-AUS for $90 RT! But now we'll need to cancel that trip because the April event we were attending is going to be canceled. :(

Edited to say: our event just got officially canceled. Boy do I hate to let that cheap fare go.